Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...
My RC used to be fast as hell on takeoff. I would give little college punks good races at times.

But a few months ago, I wet my distributor cap at Genie Car Wash and ever since then, my RC has been ssssssllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwww on takeoff.

Before that, it would be fast AND I could push down the gas pedal like it was air. Now, it's slow as hell and the gas pedal is hard to push down.

What could this be? I know for a fact it had to do with me getting my distributor cap wet.

I want my RC to be fast again!

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
What year, engine, distributor is it?

Does it have a vacuum advance on the distributor? If so, check to see that the vacuum line to it is snug and not leaking or knocked loose by the high pressure water spray.

You can also take the cap off, and apply vaccum to the advance hose, and watch to see it the plate inside the distributor [which holds the reluctor(s) pickup(s)] is moving when the vacuum on the line changes.

You may not be getting full advance at low rpm when you need it most.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
one otherpoint oyu made, check all of the carb linkage and adjustments. something may be binding up and causing you to use more pressure to push gas pedal.

eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts