51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my 87 AW150.

318, auto tranny, Edelbrock 500 carb, performer intake, headers,
cherrybomb glass packs, HEI module, Blaster coil,
port and bowl work in the heads, factory suregrip rear-end,
dixie airhorns, am/fM CD player with bluetooth and
USB port.

Currently building a 360 to replace the 318.
A/C is not that great but will recieve a larger condenser
and a flush in the near future.
Trying to decide on tires and wheels, will be sticking with
the factory size 31-10.50 tires and going with 8 inch wheels.

I really can't wait to get the 360 in.  I am in the very early
stages of the rebuild. Had the heads magnifluxed and cc'd.
Just got them back and will start on the port work next week.
Still not to late to buld a stroker motor.  ;D
JD

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
nice RC looks really clean. cant wait to see the 360 in it i love those motors  {cool} {cool}

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.  And sure, I will post a few pics during the rebuild.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sweet truck...just make sure if you're not changing the tranny you swap in a 360 T/C or you'll get a bad vibration.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
SWEET! {cool}

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Magniflux was good and average chamber volume was 67cc. These are 308 heads off a 91 LA 360.

Exhaust ports are different than regular LA heads as is shown in the photos below. They seem to match up to a magnum header gasket. Mabey someone can chime in on this. I have heard that this may be similer to the W2 port?

Some interesting notes on this 91 360 LA moter: It has a factory windage tray and the rods are 1" on the piston end. Piston to deck clearance measured .060

Also, the air injection ports are larger than the 1/4" ports normally found in LA heads.

This pic shows a regular 360 header gasket.

This pic is shown with a 318 header gasket.

This is with a magnum header gasket.

This is the intake side shown with a 360 4 barrel intake gasket.

Top side showing the larger pushrod holes for the roller cam set-up.

I will start my port and bowl work soon. Once finshed, it's off to the machine shop for 2.02 valves and a 3 angle valve job. I will also have valve springs installed for the larger roller cam that will be going in ;D Will also be going with flat top pistons and Performer RPM intake.

JD

·
Registered
962 Posts
any update on this beast or what cant wait to see the 360 built!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry it's been a while since any updates. With Christmas, soccer tee ball (I got 5 kids) new shed for the wife and everything else I have been very busy.

Block cheked out great and is ready for the lower end to be assembled..
Heads are ported and ready for the machine shop. Maybe next week. (The port and polish took a lot of time)

I have included a few pics. I got my roller cam, springs and 2.02 valves from Hughes Engines.
Crank checked out perfect and only got a light polish. Going with Mopar red for paint. Also got an aluminum cross flow radiator from Jeggs.

Something worth noting- This 91 LA360 uses a magnmum oil pan gasket.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i live just up the road in batesville - who did your machine work?  i dont necessarily trust one of the local shops.

matt

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mcritch said:
i've heard pretty good things about them. thanks for letting me know! you ever been to the pick-n-pull in cabot? worth visiting?

matt
Some times but the good stoff goes pretty fast. Check out their web site for inventory.
The Little Rock location usually has more to pick from.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the crossflow radiator installed. I used an electric fan off a Mark VIII and a varable speed controller. Temp has been around 100 deg. here in central Arkansas and my RC runs and idles cooler now. Especially with the AC on.
I did have to move the radiator and AC condenser forward 3/4" to clear the fan. The fan fit on the radiator like a glove (22" x 19"). I used a rear hatch seal off a cherokee around the fan shroud and some angle aluminum across the top and bottom for mounts.

JD

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 360 is almost assembled. This pic does not show it but I started working on the accessories today. I am having to fabricate brackets for a 120 amp denso alt and a sanden compressor. The RPM intake is not AC friendly. I have also found someone to fabricate the AC hoses to fit the sanden.
Might start the install this weekend if nothing comes up.

JD

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts