Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
The torque converter for the 360, or flywheel, as the case may be. The driver-side mount is a different width, but shims can be used if the motor mount is not available. If the 360 is complete (intake/cam), that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Also grab the right side motor mount bracket too for some weird reason the 318 and 360 are different and yeah the cross over pipe will work too ....dunno about the computer on the fender thogh

G

·
Not positive on any computer-control, but I'm thinkin' as long as the thing isn't Fuel-injected, the ignition parameters are pretty much the same and it'll work. They respond to the same timing adjustments, etc.

G

·
Vegeta said:
I have an 86....I dont think mine has a comp.
Computer Rudamentry only..... can be disconnected(unpluged) Ihave the same year rc although 360 was out of a 1975, simplier. You don't have to change the torque converter, you just need to get a new flex plate fro B&M. I have part number (make no mistake here the 318 vs 360 ones internally bal ones externally bal without the new flex plat u will shake your transmission to pieces , You also have whats called a lean burn ignition in the 86(a chryl experiment gone bad) I stongly suggest an electronic ignition for simplicity, relitivily easy &cheap and trouble free. If you are really interested in this info just ask, the swap is well worth it..u will be amazed :eek:

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
If you're going from a 318 2 barrel to a 360 4 barrel, you'll need the trans kickdown linkage and throttle cable bracket as well.
Definitely go with electronic ignition and get away from the lean burn computer. You'll be happier with the results. You used to be able to get a kit from Mopar to do this. Check with your dealer (or on eBay, Summit racing or whoever). It's a kit that gives you a new distributor, ignition module, wiring harness and complete instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.