Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 87 dodge W150 with CAD axle.  Having trouble getting drivers side axle to line up with spindle.  I put bearings in spindle but read somewhere that this model does not take spindle bearing on drivers side . Is this correct? Anyone have a parts diagram.

·
Administrator
62,302 Posts
Thats correct, the drivers side of the 85 to 87 (I think), does not get a spindle bearing. It will have what looks like a bearing that has lost its needles in there, to act as a spacer for the spindle seal. If you look at the end of the axle tube, you will see the CAD bearing and seal right at the end of the tube. As you found out, the steering does not allow a bearing on both sides of the U-joint.

Since you already put one in there, just pop out the needles, and leave the carcass in there, to space the spindle seal.

Later CAD units 88 (I think) and later, have the CAD bearing deeper inside the axle housing, and they do use the spindle bearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.