Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
87 w-150 with 89 2500 axles, 6" lift springs as is, i wanna put these 4 1/2" drop shackles on it but if i go any lower my front drive shaft will grind on against the yoke :'( only way im thinkin to make this possible is lower engine mounts and lower everything else to angle wont be bad, axle shim's to angle it up, or grinding out yoke... help??

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Agreed.  Pinion shims on a front axle equals very bad caster angle and spooky steering.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
If you put in 4 1/2 inch drop shackles you are only going to get 2 1/4" lift out of them and like the other guys said your pinion angle will be very bad.

·
Registered
207 Posts
t-case drop will help a bit.....

·
Vendor
11,511 Posts
If you go with a longer shackle you need to drop the front of the spring the same distance. If you don't your steering will be screwed up big time. Check in the vendors section & look at my front spring drop hangers.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
SGTSANCHEZ82 said:
t-case drop will help a bit.....
The transfer case drop will help the angle at the axle but make the angle at the transfer case output worse. If he drops the whole drivetrain, it will work but just lowering the transfer case is yet another foolish idea that comes from the lift manufacturers that apparently do not drive trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im kinda new at this whole lifting thing and not exactly sure what your talking about  :-[  theres a guy on wegotmud for the whole shackle dealio $200 front and back.. not sure about dropping the t-case, its bolted directly to trans.. i wish i could find a kit that has it all n makes life simple...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Elwenil said:
The transfer case drop will help the angle at the axle but make the angle at the transfer case output worse.
tcase drop and grind the cardan joint.... the cardan joint can take it.....

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
At rest maybe, but I think at full droop with most lifts it would bind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts