Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've held onto this truck as long as i can and for a while i didn't need to sell it. recently i've had some bills piling up and hours cut at work for a 2nd time. sadly, it's time to let it go. it's been good to me so now it's time for it to be good to someone that has more time to put into it than i do

86 w-150 with the royal se package
5.9 (360 gas motor) with 147k miles on it
727 3speed auto trans
power windows
power locks-disabled when i got the truck for an unknown reason
had a full tune-up and everything for the rear brakes replaced when i got it a year ago
only time it left me stranded was a few weeks ago when a radiator hose busted- hose looked original, i put a new one on and no issues since then
looks decent for an 86 but does have some rust on the bed and a few dents
there is no tailgate- the guy i got it from destroyed it by backing into a tree
there is a tear on the drivers side of the seat
it has decent 31x10.50x15 bfgoodrich a/t tires on stock steel wheels

i drive it almost everyday but it does need some work. i have most parts but haven't had much time to put them on.

it needs:

front u-joints replaced

new oil pan- previous owner messed up the drain plug, i've dropped the oil pan when the oil needs to be changed

has an exhaust leak- it's either where the y-pipe bolts to the manifolds, or where the manifolds bolt to the heads

needs valve seals- smokes a bit when you start it and after idling for a while

probly could use a bit of carb adjustment- i know nothing about it so i haven't tried to adjust it

it has a/c but does not work. it's been converted to 134a and i have reciepts showing when all of the lines, etc were replaced. i'm a windows down person so it never really bothered me

it runs a bit rich because of the exhaust leak

i do have most parts needed to fix it that will come with it if i get close to my asking price including:

brand new in box u-joints for the front axle and front drive shaft, inner and out wheel bearings and wheel seals

brand new set of longtube headers- i was gonna use these when i removed the stock manifold to fix the exhaust leak

new in box oil pan gasket, oil pump, oil pick up tube

i have a spare rear end for it. it's a 3.23:1 limited slip rear from a ramcharger. truck currently has an open rear

also have a haynes manual to go with it.

$1400 with all parts included or will trade for:

88-93 s-10/s-15/sonoma v6 4x4 with manual trans

91-96 dakota v6 4x4 with manual trans

87-up jeep cherokee must be v6 must be manual trans

90-up jeep wrangler must be manual trans

86-up isuzu trooper any engine, manual trans- 86 turbo diesel would be awesome but they're pretty rare

all trades need to be drivable since my truck is driven almost every day. i dont care too much about what trades look like as long as they're not falling apart. my truck does have some rust in the bed but it's nothing unusual for an old truck like this

i will take trades that don't run/drive but you will have to put up some cash

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$1400 needs to go now. any lower and i'll let it rot in my back yard. i need it gone since i found another truck i want but have to get rid of this one first. it just went over 148k miles on 8/23 and currently has 148,2xx. it runs and drives great and comes with almost everything you would need to fix the problems that it does have. almost everything works except for the power locks and the a/c. it's been converted to 134a and had new lines put on it sometime before i got it( i have a bunch a reciepts to show work done to it) but does not work, but it does hold freon.

someone make me an offer pretty close to $1400 and you can drive it away

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just had a local guy offer me $1200 for it. anybody want to offer more? i'd rather see it go to someone that is gonna take care of it instead of someone that plans to beat on it until it dies

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
potential buyer backed out. i think i'll just take ins. and tags off of it and park it in the back yard until i have a chance to fix it like i originally planned to do.

this thread can be deleted......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts