Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out which rear end My '86 Ramchargers got under it. I'm under the impression that it's got a Dana 44 in both the front and the rear, is That correct?
I'm looking into ordering gears for the front and rear. I've got an Auburn Locking differential to get installed in the front.It's for a Dana 44. I'd like to get something for the rear.

Is there a place online to order the gearset for front and rear on the Ramcharger as a kit or something?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
have you checked out the FAQ section yet? There is a little axle guide in there, but I would venture to say it is a 12 bolt, looking like a stop sign = Chrysler 9.25" in the rear. The D44 in the front is most likely correct :)

edit: added the link

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a Million. I'm aware that those trucks also carried a Dana 60, But I know that's not what this truck has. I'll go out there now and see how many bolts this rear has.
Ans I'll also go to the FAQ's section. Thank you

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
a Ramcharger never came with a D60 rear end stock....not that I'm aware of. The P/U trucks are a different story, but the Ramcharger only is a half ton truck and the D60 is a 3/4 ton axle...I'd be surprised if they had put that under a RC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, OK. Well it stands to reason that your correct. I'm not sharp on the Dodges options and parts. I'll be learning a bunch within the next 6 months as I'm diving into my ramcharger starting with a gear swap, then moving on to a body and suspension lift, so I've got some learning to do, lol....... I'm more familiar with Chevrolets

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
falcon68 said:
so I've got some learning to do, lol.......
in the end, that's what life is all about :)
if you have a question, I'm confident you'll find somebody on here that has an answer for you ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're exactly right. That's why I've joined this forum, to find the extra help to give me an edge

·
Registered
436 Posts
look at your rear pumkin, if the bolts are in the shape of a stop sign, it's a 9 1/4. if it's a circle, it's an 8 1/4. next look for a little tag on one of the bolts (it took alittle cleaning to find mine) on it will be stamped the gear ratio.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, It took a little cleaning, but I've determined that it is a chrysler 9.25 rear end with 3.2 stamped on the tag, which I'd consider to be 3.23's.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
9 1/4s came with 3.21

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
txs said:
9 1/4s came with 3.21
I think 3.54 was an option...at least when the OD tranny was introduced, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts