Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no power to the AC compressor. I have replaced the AC controller and I know the compressor is good. It works when I jumper from the battery to the compressor. It does not work if i jumper the low pressure switch. There is a plug along the firewall that has several wires on both sides and it looks ok. Im guessing the power that goes to the pressure switch is not there. I have checked the AC fuse and it is good. I dont think the 86 has a compressor relay. What color is the wire on the AC controller that runs to the compressor? I guess its possible i have a second bad controller. But not likely. Thank you in advance for any help here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out. The suspect wire is Blue/ Orange Stripe and runs from the passenger side of the outside firewall to the drivers side. It then connects to the bulkhead connector and goes inside the cab. This wire was cut right at the cover boot for the bulkhead connector. I soldered the wire back together and covered it with heat shrink and now I have AC again. Hope this helps someone else who may have a no power condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.