1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my truck :)
Yeah, those are Dana 60's...

PS: Mine is the one on the left. ;)

That chev is a stock 3/4 ton 4x4. It's what pulls my Dodge around on a 18 foot tandem fifth wheel. It does a pretty good job. Better than my superduty would pull I am guessing.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
damn....congrats on your "new" toy {cool}

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1985 W100 SWB
44x18.5x16.5 Super Swamper TSL's
12x16.5 Eagle Alloy 589's
Open Dana 60 Front
Limited Slip Dana 60 Rear
4.10 Gear Ratio
Modified Super Slant Six mated to NP435 and NP208
8" Channel Bumpers front and rear, front I can stand on, and rear is tucked.
8" Skyjacker lift springs, poly bushings.
3" Black Diamond body lift, custom shift linkage. Custom steering linkage.
Energy Suspension poly cab mounts.
Rancho RS5000 Shocks. Longest ones they build.
:)

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Looks excellent!!!!!!!

Congrats on driving in the clouds ;D

Too bad your on the other side of the country...our trucks would look great together.

kyot

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! :)

Yeah Kyot, yours is even the same colour too. ;D

LOL, mine will be a trailer queen until I do something about the engine. :(

Dunner

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Don't worry about it. I "did" something with my engine and I still trailer the trucks around. Tires are too expensive to burn up on the highway and this way I know I can play real hard with no worries about getting home.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm going to 44s also but I'm gonna have to drive mine on the road :( Aint got a truck with enough balls to pull with! I found a 93 club cab 1 ton 2x Cummins dually but I can't afford it AND all the parts I'm gettin for Mo :(

Jimmy

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've been monkeying around with this truck now for over six years. It takes time. I'm thinking about putting in a cummins with NV4500. But that will take time too. I still need a lot of stuff to make this truck run.

Dunner

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Do you hit your fenders? I obliterated my front fenders with 13" total lift and 40x17 ground hawgs. Sledge hammer fixed that prob out on the trail.
Lol, who's been driving it? :)

I have no steering yet. I pushed it there using my dad's backhoe. That's why the front fender looks pushed up a bit on the driver's side.

Yeah the fenders would hit if I drove it for sure. I don't have any time to work on it for a while since i'm back in university. My truck is parked an hour and a half away from where I live. Maybe some weekend monkeywrenching.

I'm kind of pissed off. The driver's side is sagging more than the pass. side. This is the third set of springs that I have had on this truck that do that. :mad:

M880, the slant six question i'm sure we would all like to find out!!! :p

Dunner

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
LOL Yup but cuttin the fenders only makes em look cooler :)

Don't worry about it saggin to the left,thats what is known..or only thing I've heard it called...but "The Dodge Lean" I've only ever seen ONE Dodge 4x that actually sat straight from left to right and thats it :(

Ya I wanna know how it does with that Slanter to! :D

Jimmy

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is too cool for words.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
What mods have you done to the slant? From supersix I am guessing a 2bbl... Need some links to a 4 bbl manifold or 2 x 2bbl manifold? http://www.jcwhitney.com for the former and http://www.prolinefuel.com for the latter.

If you are still running an exhaust manny, check out Dutra Duals at http://www.slantsix.org They should perform better than headers on a rig that needs it's torque down low.

Beauty of a truck!

-SM

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
89on35s said:
That is too cool for words.
Thanks! I just hope to have it legal before the summer is over to show all of you guys some pics. :)

I could slap it together, but I want to do it properly so the cops don't bother me too much with inspection notices.

I am trying to figure out my crossover setup. I thought about using a ford superduty tie rod and drag link assembly, but my pitman arm is much too high to consider this now.

I will probably go with the conventional setup like in the how to board on crossing over a dana 60.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Slanted_Mind said:
What mods have you done to the slant? From supersix I am guessing a 2bbl... Need some links to a 4 bbl manifold or 2 x 2bbl manifold? http://www.jcwhitney.com for the former and http://www.prolinefuel.com for the latter.

If you are still running an exhaust manny, check out Dutra Duals at http://www.slantsix.org They should perform better than headers on a rig that needs it's torque down low.

Beauty of a truck!

-SM

Yeah, you are right. I pulled the 2bbl BBD and intake from a mid 70's RC, but I think it originally came from a car. I pulled all of the emmissions crap out too. I rebuilt it not too many miles ago, so it has good compression.

I'll see how the sixer does, but I don't want to spend any more money on it. I had plans on putting in a B engine stroker but that's up in the air right now.

Dunner

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
WOW i cant belive that a slant 6 can turn the 44s wow man looks good. im just amazed that it can turn 44s i just pulled the /6 and a833 outta my truck and put a 400 in. all i can say is WOWOWOWOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
forey76 said:
did you have to cut your fenders at all? ???
No, but I would have to if I drive it like this. :)

I am not finished lifting it yet. Even after another 4 inches of lift I still plan on cutting fenders.

The fender comes within 3 inches of rubber, even closer when the tires are turned.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts