Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All have 85 RC door only closes fully if i shut with force door has no play in it no sagging hinge is good also pin looks good door latch also looks good any ideas Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could be the door alignment/adjustment is off. I'd take the striker out, and slowly push the door closed till the body lines match up. I had both doors off to repaint the truck, and getting them adjusted correctly is truly an art form (not easy at all IMO).

If you don't feel any interference, then your issue is probably the latch itself.

I had all sorts of trouble with my 92 RC latches too. They'd refuse to unlock in really cold weather, sometimes wouldn't latch, sometimes the release button on the door handle would stick in the down position, etc. I ended up buying new latches from LMC truck, and they work great.

Mitch

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’ve also been having issues like this. I have to lift up on the driver side of the door to get the latch to slide in. I think the hinge is warn out and it’s making the door sag on that side. Your problem may be similar.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
hold the door release button in , bend down , slowly close the door , watch body line as door enters striker , body line needs to stay "lined up " as you push door closed . adjust as required . next open window , does door close easier ? often new rubber seals make a door close hard , air lock .... stiff seals , un vented aftermarket seals ...  ( you say hinges are good so I didn't suggest you try holding door close to closed and lift up on door)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.