Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 84 Rc and a 89 w250 donor...I found a fuel tank a couple hours away in an 89 Rc...will my donor sender drop into that tank any advise helps I'm swapping all electrical over and am looking for my fueling options /advice

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Snag that 89 RC tank ASAP-  Preferred tank would have been  a 91-93.  If the 89 comes with the fuel module, mod it so it is a siphon style, which means eliminating the pump and devising a strainer system

And in advance, the 89-90 modules are no longer made, so dont break it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What else do I need to get to mod it...I'm not to thank sender savvy...I will call in the morning and buy it and pick it up this weekend I'm pretty sure they have the sender as well

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Basically will remove rubber feed line and pump and replace it with rigid line.  Can you solder?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
dpaint86 said:
So is there any way to utilize my 84 tank and pump that way or not worth it
I'll be using my 84's tank somehow.... because there's zero chance of finding an extra 89-93 RC tank kicking around this island.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Use the existing lines and sender. Attempt to suck the tank out... what that looks like will probably decide the next step.

- Cut a hole in the floor if I need to access the sender, or...
- cut a hole in the bottom of the tank for one of those fuel sumps.
- if the sender won't work with '90 D250 cluster, I may just run a generic fuel gauge for the right ohm range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.