Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)I'v got an 84 RC Prospector all stock and it happens to be the two wheel drive version. I'm content and my choice was to get a 2wd outfit. Reading fo some time in 'search' about tire sizes, I never really found an answer that hit on my question, which is..... what size of AT tire will work on the front? I'm thinking of something like 950x30R15 or 30x10.00R15 or there abouts. It has 235-70x15's which look good and ride good, but in the listings for mudder/snow or the like where they have the listings starting at 31x10.50R15 and on up to 35x12.50R15 etc. etc.
So short question.... what will fit the front and not rub. Now mind you my verson of offroad is dirt roads for the most part, pretty mild stuff by most of you'all's standards.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Wrong section to ask this. What brand tire are you looking at? A 30 will be fine on the front. A 31 might even clear. Ive seen a few at and mud tires in a 235

·
Registered
292 Posts
go with a 235-75-15 bf goodrich all terrain ta... u wont be dissapointed...

·
Premium Member
6,334 Posts
235/75R 15 will definitely fit, its like the stock tire.

30x9.50 should fit, I've seen them on enough 2wd ford and shabbys

·
Registered
292 Posts
mileage on thos at's will be about 35-to 40kish... if u want something a lil less agrresive a lil more mileage minded the bfg long trails arent a horrible tire either those if u keep em rotated are capable of 50k or better

·
Registered
236 Posts
255/70R16 is what I have on my 2wd RC
no rubbing issues at all. I'm not sure if you want to go wider, but you can. I heard 31's is max if not seriously sagging springs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive got 31x10.50-R15's on my 83 2wd RC, dont rub unless you hit a huge bump at speed, and even then barely.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mopar83 said:
Ive got 31x10.50-R15's on my 83 2wd RC, dont rub unless you hit a huge bump at speed, and even then barely.
There's the answer I was looking for...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BIGDOG69 said:
I HAVE 30X9.50'S ON THE FRONT OF MY '85 2WD WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
Thats really what I had envisoned, some 9.50's on the front and 10.50's on the rear. The thing then would be to get the 'same' w/w lettering on front and rear identical .....for the looks factor. A currious thing..... seems 'GOODYEAR' has been going downhill financially and the distributors are unloading them at bargain pricing. That will suck if they go under. In a simmilar note....Michelin was unloading alot alot of 'Bike' tires lately ....cheap... The tire industry seems to be 'on it's ear' lately.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yet another casualty of the cash for clunkers program with so many folks trading a reasonably decent car while older and maybe in need of a smidge of maintenance the govt subsidized alot of new car sales which caused alot of parts folks to get hurt in the end... fewer older vehicles on the road needing parts=less of a demand for those parts hurts everyone but the new car dealers when u look at it like that...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gohot said:
Thats really what I had envisoned, some 9.50's on the front and 10.50's on the rear.
;DTHAT IS EXCACTLY THE SETUP I HAVE ON MINE, IT DOES GIVE IT A LITTLE OF THAT HOTROD STANCE, BUT NOT SO MUCH AS TO MAKE IT UNDRIVEABLE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts