Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

her we are loading it up at my Uncles barn. we had to take the runnin boards off to get them past the fenders and had to put skinny tires i brought to clear in between the fenders. we had to run it up on boards too to get the hubs past the fenders as well.

this truck kept following us the whole trip.

the motor. is a 318 single barrel. dad swears it was a 4 barrel but i geuss my uncle wanted the milage out of it not the power. so for now its a single barrel.

the interior is not bad. but the door has been leakin for a little while cause the weather strip was not up it was saggin lettin water in. so the carpet is a little green. but i got a replacement. the whole interior is there minus the clock. still got the original radio and the spare tire n cover.

my uncle gave me some rear addaleafs that he got and never put on. he pulled full hay wagons with it so the rear sags a tad. he even had the longer center bolts for the springs too.

hers the front and the passenger side. the rocker is not too bad but the qaurter is the main problem.

drivers side is pretty much the same the fender needs fixed the wheel came off on him an hit the fender pushin it up some but its just a lil buckle.

and it had ventshades. dad put them on a month after he bought it in 1985.

we went down to day to see if it would turn over. a half dead battery made the buzzer n horn work and it turned over ok. but no gas in the tank

so poured some gas in the carb and turnd the key and it turned over immediatly. and it had been since 2005 when it was parked.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
{cool}

If you need any red interior parts let me know I have a complete red interior out of this parts truck I just picked up.  ;)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just tickled to death that it fired up. so i got some stuff to do to the car then im dive into this thing. i think i just need to put some gas in it  and it should stay runnin.

ill need a battery. 5 gallons of gas to get it runn and stay runnin to see if anything happens.

i know that ill need to loosen up the breaks in the rear. there almost frozen thanks to dad hittin the ebrake.  but we torn the rubber line goin to the distribution block on the front axle. i thouhgt i had it out of the way but i think the chain got it. do breaks an break lines and a goooooooood scrubbin of everything. i should be good.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
And it starts all over.  ;D

You do know the parts from the truck will fit the RC right?  ;)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mopar65pa said:
And it starts all over. ;D

You do know the parts from the truck will fit the RC right? ;)
yea there wont much to save from the truck but ive got what i can use set aside. and everyting else in a pile. the bodywork wnt be that bad. and since the motor runs. i gotta see if the tank is bad or not. if its good then ima put a few gallons in it and start it and let it run.

are the tanks in a 84 plastic or metal. i have a plastic one out of a 87. so if its bad i can swap it out.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
yea there wont much to save from the truck but ive got what i can use set aside. and everyting else in a pile. the bodywork wnt be that bad. and since the motor runs. i gotta see if the tank is bad or not. if its good then ima put a few gallons in it and start it and let it run.

are the tanks in a 84 plastic or metal. i have a plastic one out of a 87. so if its bad i can swap it out.
My '84 has a plastic tank. I think they all did those years.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
DodgeMudder said:
My '84 has a plastic tank. I think they all did those years.
They started putting plastic in in 78 IIRC. I have an 80 with metal and I had a 78 with plastic but all the 77's I had had metal. {noclue}

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so thats a good sign that if a lil gas was left in it and it dryed up that the tank is prolly ok and im safe to put gas in it.

what i didnt want was gas to have rotted a metal tnak and waste the gas before i seen it leaking.

well ill need a battery n some 87 to go please.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
well ill need a battery n some 87 to go please.
LOL......... ;D

If you need carpet I have red here in good shape, seat belts, rear seat. I think I'm keeping the front reclining seats though. ;) Door panels, A/C dash, and the rear side panels too.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my uncle had a carpet but i think it was only a front carpet. so i may need a carpet.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
my uncle had a carpet but i think it was only a front carpet. so i may need a carpet.
I think this one has the full carpet. {think}

How far are you from the OH Mopar nationals?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mopar65pa said:
I think this one has the full carpet. {think}

How far are you from the OH Mopar nationals?
theres an ohio mopar nats

well im exactly 1 hour east of pittsburgh so im prolly 2 hours or 1 hour 45 mins maybe from ohio

·
Registered
52,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
but i got nothin to put it in. i prolly wont need the tires cause i got to keep the original turbine wheels and they had 31 1050s on them that are about half tread

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
but i got nothin to put it in. i prolly wont need the tires cause i got to keep the original turbine wheels and they had 31 1050s on them that are about half tread
Ok so what's it gonna cost me for you to go out to see the show and pick the top up for me? ;D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i still aint got  nothin to put it in. i been savie to go down to NC anyway so i dont think i can

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
i still aint got nothin to put it in. i been savie to go down to NC anyway so i dont think i can
{rant}

I guess I'll just get a hold of BIGDOG440. {ignore}

;D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if the RC was runnin already an i had a trailer id definatley be or have the ability to get it

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Brew-Crew04 said:
if the RC was runnin already an i had a trailer id definatley be or have the ability to get it
It's a rag top I hope! fold it up and put it in the car. ???

There are a couple pieces of frame that are 4' long you "should" be able to put through the sets. {noclue}

1 - 20 of 79 Posts