Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently removed and chucked my old, hole ridden junk bench seat and bought some Corbeau “MOAB” bucket seats and the recommended bench bracket from corbeau.
Seats are comfortable, but really, I’ve found that bucket seats just don’t fit. They can’t decline far back enough to sit comfortable, and they rub the back window. Turns out that 1.5 inch recession under the back window is just enough to make the old bench just fit good enough to be comfortable for just about anyone.

If this was an exception or an extended cab it would be a different story, so is there any good seats besides the factory that will fit a standard cab decent that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pull it farther forward! Lol

Yeah buckets, especially high back don't work to well in our trucks.

You can see them here in my build thread.

https://ramchargercentral.com/projects/1986-d150-autocrossstrip-build/

I bought summit seats to stay on the cheap. I have had to redo the brackets two times. Summit brackets just are too flimsy for my dad and I as we are starting to get a little on the heavy side.

Mine are comfortable and serve a purpose for stability and shoulder harnesses if I ever put a cage in this thing. But to get even some recline backwards it ain't going to happen unless you are sitting right underneath the steering wheel. I can get a few degrees but that is it. I think that is why the cab bows out slightly to allow for more room behind the seats, and of course to store things.

Neil

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEe that’s the issue I’m having. Was hoping they made a bucket similar to the bench that fits better, but I like the high back and headrest for safety in the event you get slammed in the rear, your head doesn’t wreck the nice back window lol!

Seems they would work in just about anything but a standard cab, but now I’m easing towards finding a better bench.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
The typical Ramcharger buckets will fit in a regular cab and have been a popular swap over the years though they will rub the back wall if you have longer legs and there is no way you will be reclining them if you did manage to find a set of the reclining buckets.  This is mainly why they were not a factory option in regular cabs and were instead only available in vans, Ramchargers and ClubCabs.  On the other side of things, the later bench seats, '91-'93 or so, will have an adjustable headrest on them.  Still the same seat as the earlier years, just with headrests added.  It's not uncommon for the foam in the headrests to have deteriorated and have them ripped off, so if you go searching for one, look at them carefully before buying.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input! I've heard of the rc bucket swap, but so far everything around here has been robbed already.
Anyone have expirience with qualitex? I've looked at these and they are pricey but look pretty nice.
I spoke with a representative and she sent me the frame they come with, which looks better than mine from corbeau, because it accommodates for the hump in the middle.

https://shop4seats.com/truck-seats/40-20-40-truck-seats/low-back-40-20-40/american-low-back.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.