Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i hit a curb at taco Bell and soon as i left the bell the RC wanted to go hard right towards the ditch not funny when u got a soda in ur hand  :eek: ...i did just have a steering stabilizer put on last week i am curios if the hit knocked the stabilizer loose ?  hmm ...nothing else looks out of sorts ...i stopped and checked it out but didnt notice much ...did just have new shoes put on it today and drove great for 20 miles home ...kind of annoys me alot ....anybody got any ideas ?  will check the stabilizer out ...thought it pretty weird it would steer hard right from a slight rub on a curb didnt make much sense ...

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
you said you curbed it how hard did you bend a tie rod a sliver?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt really hit it just rubbed it a little ..might be a joint ..god i hope not ...not sure yet ...strange it might be the joint on the driver side going bad but would that make it pull that hard to the right though ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same thing happen on an old cj7 i had. I was passenger side though. Going down the road about 30mph and all of a sudden !!!!!!!Headed for the curb!!!!!!! My father pulled it apart and had me up and running in two hours. The only reason it took so long is I had to take and have a friend torch out the old ujoint.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man those tires are brand new i just put them on the same day lol ...so i got a join goin bad huh ? nice ...something i didnt need to have happen lol ...any other way to check a joint in the front axle ?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Does your '82 RC have manual locking hubs or automatic hubs? Hitting the curb can piss off a auto hub and cause it to try to lock in. I would jack the front up and see if the tire is hard to turn, could be the brakes, wheel bearings, hub or a bent tie rod.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
manual hubs on mine ..will check them out and make sure they are un locked ...in lafayette indiana right now about 4 hours from home will be heading out later on today ... not gonna have much time to mess around with the RC till monday i should be off work maybe ...i dunno but will figure it out soon hopefully...

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it needs brakes put on it anyhow ...so rusted up wonder how they work ...i know they suck anyhow ...confirmed it when the rear drums were so loose they almost fell off while the tires were being changed lol ...yea not good i know ...i got the parts need time to get them on and will put in new joints in the front axle and driveline joints are shot too ...oh joy ...i damn near got as much in parts in it alreay as i paid for it gee that dont sound familiar now does it  ;D

brian

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i figured it out the power steering pump was low on flujid and froze up on me momentarily due to lack of fluids lol ...fine now ...thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts