1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
wow I didn't know those were made aftermarket. I was just cleaning out my garage and saw my clear ones that someone thought it would be cool to paint the raised edges on the front of the lens with a paintbrush with what looks like art/hobby paint..it'll come off though. I've seen a set of ambers on ebay upwards of 200.00

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I bet those '86-'90 ones are fun to try and break the old ones off, lol.  Still, it's cheaper than buying the entire bezel.

Reactions: SuperBurban

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flyfish said:
wow I didn't know those were made aftermarket. I was just cleaning out my garage and saw my clear ones that someone thought it would be cool to paint the raised edges on the front of the lens with a paintbrush with what looks like art/hobby paint..it'll come off though. I've seen a set of ambers on ebay upwards of 200.00
I ran across his stuff about 5 to 6 years ago, and got a set of the amber ones. When I went back to get another set, he was out. Back then, he just had a few different sets, Now he has expanded quite a bit. This is the only place I have seen any of these aftermarket. I have seen the whole asssembly for the 80's.

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwenil said:
I bet those '86-'90 ones are fun to try and break the old ones off, lol. Still, it's cheaper than buying the entire bezel.
I think I have a set of 85 headlight buckets, that have broken turn signals, if I can find them, I'll order a set, and have fun with them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just saw this post and purchased myself a set of these for my ‘78 as one of my originals are cracked and missing a small piece. Kinda odd though that is says it may take 30 days or more for shipping, coming from mexico. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do you live? for me, it just says it may take longer then 8 days. Heck, things from the East coast take longer then that, seems everything from the East has to sit in Denver for a few days.

I do not recall them taking to long last time.

Looks like most of their negative reviews are due to delays with Customs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
SuperBurban said:
Where do you live? for me, it just says it may take longer then 8 days. Heck, things from the East coast take longer then that, seems everything from the East has to sit in Denver for a few days.

I do not recall them taking to long last time.

Looks like most of their negative reviews are due to delays with Customs.
I'm in southern Indiana. Its not a big deal, I can wait. Just had never seen that before.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Wouldn't the '85 ones be different?  If I remember right, the early lens is different.

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Elwenil said:
Wouldn't the '85 ones be different? If I remember right, the early lens is different.
Yea, the lens is different, but IIRC, they both glue to the front of the headlight surround.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Little update on this. I ordered a set of orange lenses on May 28. They just arrived today. The seller was very up front about shipping times due to customs.

All in all pretty pleased with them. The molding isnt the best and I had to do some trimming for the bulb socket to fit correctly in the lense. Also had to drill mounting holes out just a little bit, but not bad for price. One of my original clear lenses had a peice cracked out of the corner. I went with orange instead of clear because I like the looks of the orange better anyway.

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear that. I ordered a set on the 31'st, and have been starting to panic.

·
Registered
399 Posts
SuperBurban said:
Glad to hear that. I ordered a set on the 31'st, and have been starting to panic.
The seller has kept in good touch with me giving me updates. He sure seems eager that I leave him a good review as well, which I'll probably do. Im in southern Indiana, so you should have yours this week. Mine came into the country through New York City.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Wow...Looking sharp. Both the lenses and your Power Wagon.

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
W200'78 said:
The seller has kept in good touch with me giving me updates. He sure seems eager that I leave him a good review as well, which I'll probably do. Im in southern Indiana, so you should have yours this week. Mine came into the country through New York City.

Yes, he has been good at letting me know what he knows. Mine shows this for today
Processed Through Facility
MEXICO AEREO D.F
And I got an E-mail from the seller updating me.

Sad that things take that long to cross a continent, yet I can get stuff from China in a week or so.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mine showed that on June 6th. Most of my tracking info looks like its in Russian though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.