Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???
Hi!
I'm trying to find new or some decent (read: DENT FREE) body parts for my baby, but so far, all I've found are parts for junk arse fords and chevys, which really, REALLY makes me mad :mad: :mad: :mad:. But anyways, I'm looking for the front grill with the ROUND headlights, and the turn signals NOT on it. That, and the radiator shell assembly(The thing that holds the lights, radiator, and the fenders attach to at the front.
If anyone knows anyone who makes these parts new, or if someone happens to have these lying around their yard, please, PLEASE e-mail me!! These parts are all I really need before I can start the body work and get it painted (midnight pearl black with glacier blue accents, for those who are curious.)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
WOW, that's a tall order. Those are two of the harddest to find body parts. I have never seen any new ones. Might try scrounging at the local salvage yard first. The bad news is that most all the core supports will be rusted out at the bottom and it'd be like winning the lottery to find a good grill. A rusted out core support can be fixed by welding in a bar of .125" steel belt across it.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I don't know about those parts, but Certifit does make replacement parts for damn near everything. www.certifit.com

·
7,995 Posts
First off try www.car-part.com for used parts. the part that holds the radiator is the "radiator core support", the fenders can he found brand new at many locations, the grille may be a problem finding new with "round" headlights. Try the used car parts place above and get back to us.:)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys
Ya, the car-parts link worked. Found a few grilles, but need to cough up the money somehow. They are all used though, but just as long as they don't have any holes in them from Hi-Lift jacks, I'm in business. Just throw some bondo or something on it, I was going to paint it black with blue accents anyway.

But I got a new problem now.
Yesterday, got everything I need to get my baby going. (Rebuilt carb, new fuel pump, etc) Went to start it, nada. Getting spark, but no fuel. Replaced the fuel line from the first coupler thingie all the way to the fuel pump, and replaced all the rubber hoses.Has a see through fuel filter hooked up right next to the carb,(to see if I get fuel, and and for safety reasons) and when I crank on it, I can see something pulsing, but no gas. My dad and I checked the pump, and he says it's not doing anything. It's new, and I put it in right, and I know it works, but it doesn't on my truck. It's a 360, btw. Please help me, this truck has been giving me hell ever since I brought it out of retirement three years ago!!!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
replace the pump again... its sounds like it has a hole in the diaphram inside.. thats what my 72 scamp did to me a few years ago.. either that or the fuel pump ecentric(sp?) came loose on ya and in that case you gotta tear apart the front of the motor.. lets just hope its the pump not the other...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moparPW200guy said:
replace the pump again... its sounds like it has a hole in the diaphram inside.. thats what my 72 scamp did to me a few years ago.. either that or the fuel pump ecentric(sp?) came loose on ya and in that case you gotta tear apart the front of the motor.. lets just hope its the pump not the other...
I checked the ecentric (?) thingie, and it looks like it's still attached okay. Still not getting fuel though. I got a little bit of suction when I held my finger over the "in" nipple, but it was kinda weak and sporadic. And one question: how can the ecentric (again, ??) thingie fall off when it seems to be directly attached to the cam? just curious, maybe someone could post a diagram of the fuel pump and how it's put in? I'm thinking I'm not putting it in right, but it only goes in one way,right? Please help me :\'( ???

·
Registered
238 Posts
try priming the pump. pull the hose loose from the pump (the one that comes from the tank) and squirt some gas in there untill it runs out the pump. if that dont work maby the sock on the pick up tube inside the tank is pluging the pick up tube up.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
try it tommorow then (it's 11:30 here, and i got a long day tommorow) and see what happens. Wish me luck, and say a prayer for my old tired beast if you'd be so kind.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys
I'm at my ropes end. The pump I have on there is perfect, all the lines are clear, and when I blow into the line going into the tank, it bubbles, and I can suck the gas up through that line. Also, all the hoses are still flexible and are'nt cracked. I thought maybe I had it hooked up backwards, but when I switched the lines, it did the same thing. SO WHAT GIVES????? I'm about ready to rip that whole thing out and run an electric pump setup. What do you think? Please help me out here guys, I don't know what else to do now!! It's as if the truck WANTS to stay asleep!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys
Believe it or not, I fixed it. I just had my friend crank on the engine, and I sucked on the fuel line from the pump to the carb, and I don't know what I did, but it started pumping REAL good. Only problem was it went into my mouth. Needless to say, I never want to do that again. But I got it to work perfect now, so wish me luck on getting my beast started.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RevJay Flywheel said:
WOW, that's a tall order. Those are two of the harddest to find body parts. I have never seen any new ones. Might try scrounging at the local salvage yard first. The bad news is that most all the core supports will be rusted out at the bottom and it'd be like winning the lottery to find a good grill. A rusted out core support can be fixed by welding in a bar of .125" steel belt across it. ive only found one place that makes repro 70,s core supports, www.mmpar.com mitchell motor parts. most others only offer 80,s models please pass it on to anyone looking.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Check ebay for that grille.  I saw a 1980's with the round headlights and no turn signals on there a few times.  It looked brand new and I think it had an $80 buy it now or so.  He listed it a couple times but I'm not sure if it ever sold.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.