Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished stripping my truck apart for the body and paint work that is scheduled to begin this Friday. To get the instrument panel dash pad off, I had to drop the fuse panel and pull the center speaker out to get access to the speed nuts.

As I was putting it back together, I began to wonder about an electrical part that is attached to a post just to the right of the fuse pane, and mounted to the underside of the dash frame.

I felt around it, and there were no wires going to it.  I removed it by turning the nut and post that came through the metal dash panel, and found that this blue colored item used to have two brown wires that went to it, but  they were cut some time in the past.

Anyone have an idea of what this thing was for?

Attachments

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
That is intriguing. I have never seen anything like it from the factory, or any place else. Was there anything aftermarket installed that you found?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a chrome key slot that is mounted on the drivers side fender that I have assumed was for some type of alarm system in the past.  Maybe this blue component is another remnant of that system.  This was also a California Emissions vehicle, but not sure if this mystery part was part of that system.

Regards,
Mike

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, like a motion sensor, or electrical current sensor (would theoretically sense the current from the over head light, when the door is opened). But I could not find any similar pic to support either theory. They had a bunch of crazy ways for alarms back in the 70's and 80's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.