Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
As I approach the 2nd anniversary of dropping this thing off for a 6 month job....

Back around December or January my guy was on a mission to wrap it up and kick it out. Did final paint on both on both sides of hood, tailgate, fenders, doors, was trying to man up on popping the top. I give the guy credit for having anxiety and not wanting to go out of pocket to replace my roof because the first time ya pop one the pucker factor can be high. The frustration for me is that I can legit pop it in 30 minutes in my garage but there's no place in his shop to make use of my lift bar. He also doesn't like the wooden roll around cart I built for the roof for doing what he's gotta do. After having about the 10th planning session, he sent me off to round up some square tube so he can build his on. Got a real good deal because I know a guy.

I was stoked. Get this thing back before April, pop the top, put the interior in, be on the road about now. That's about when the shop got busy and my thing got pushed in a corner. Oddly enough, this whole covid disaster killed his bread and butter rust jobs for most of 2020 and some of that picked up but he also took in at least (2) big resto jobs. It's more or less all good as I've mostly spent the last 3 months way too high and not doing anything else with my life. Don't let them kid you, retirement is great.

Recently sobered up enough to drop off the steel, rattle his cage and try to get things going again. Still has the same E body on the lift he wants to use and it's still not a roller. I really should get back to working on that grille. Thought I posted some of these but don't see em here.

20210127_172546.jpg imagejpeg_1003.jpg 2021_2.jpg

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
So today I made an uber score. Two of my tins have the a/c dash, this RC isn't one of them. The plow only has cab half, have had LRE blow cold. Big lesson learned: running the heat through the upper ducting is much more effective. Goal: add to that this little beast. It will be great when the top is off and the sun has gone down. Also decide on new exhaust. An 80 RC parts truck popped up near by and kinda a shame because all it needed was a new body. Roof was mint and found a home, a lot of trucks are being fed. The bit I took after how it came to me.

Was rummaging dribble book mickey place and tbh, have made many good scores there. Both my Bishman tire changer and Snap-On Balancer recently. Anyway, 80 RC, gotta go, if you want wholel money talks but wrenches are turning. Contact him, set up the next w/e, didn't happen because his life. Next weekend says another guy is interested in a bit, I said let him have it because my life, no show, no surprise. This week I rolled over there, honest guy, we pulled parts together, you don't want to know what I paid.

- heater box half, firewall
- new before parked heater core, looks it
- a/c evap
- both defrost ducts, drivers side is mint
- blower motor
- heater box half, front
- all 3 actuators, one toast, have spares
- all 3 doors intact
- all 3 dash ducts w/ vents
- blower motor resistors, not melted.
bare metal dash frame
- has SE wood grain lower trim
- include ash tray, lighter, control light
- left seat belt buzzer, fuse box (nice!), dash cap (solid), h/l sw.
- missed wood grain dash face
- wiring / control
- hvac switch w/ new fan switch
- wire for switch repaired right
- wire harness pigtail for power, ground, blower
- temp control cable

only piece left to find for entire system: heater box half, front because he busted it up changing the heater core. I've changed one, I'm not throwing stones.

20210502_194529.jpg 20210502_194634.jpg 20210502_194644.jpg 20210502_195210.jpg 20210502_204807.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I'm also not looking for one because had a spare actuator (surprise right?) and glued up the mess after plastic welding. I think some metal straps on the inside, screw head on out side to stiffen it up, keep it together. Never see it behind the dash.
20210503_222521.jpg 20210503_222631.jpg 20210503_222700.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
At the beginning that I bought my ramcharger, I didn't have the luck that it was equipped with the option air conditioning.
I wanted therefore at the beginning to try to find an air conditioning but as here the Ramcharger are rather rare I did not
I did not have this chance. You had this chance to buy an almost complete system and you will be able to enjoy the cold !
I look at your post and I find very interesting what you do on your Ramcharger.
I'm looking forward to the rest !

;):p(y)

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Thank you, stay tuned and I'm looking forward to it too. Re read my first paragraph above - in this climate a/c is pop the top but after dark it can get chilly on the road. "Putting up the top" on these is not a 30 second thing. Windows up, heat on high and blowing out of the dash! Maybe a bikini top too.

Next mod is to block off the evaporator holes in that 1/2 of the box. Did I mention this entire score for $120 usd?

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry, I didn't understand that you wanted to have heating as a priority. As on your photos it seems to me that it is a heating block with the air conditioning
I had thought that you were a bit like in my case, you wanted the air conditioning. I apologize again for this mistake.
good reassembly and good repair.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts