Dodge RamCharger Central banner
281 - 289 of 289 Posts

· Registered
1,051 Posts
The color on the RC is beautiful. The shine is scary. Looks about ready for summer around the corner.

· Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
I think the only reason I spent any time with the soft top is I'm ready to run it again - it's been like 4 years. I probably should have spent my time swapping the motor. Scary shiny, reflection insanely deep and there's still a ton of orange peel I can see.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I think the only reason I spent any time with the soft top is I'm ready to run it again - it's been like 4 years. I probably should have spent my time swapping the motor. Scary shiny, reflection insanely deep and there's still a ton of orange peel I can see.
I am my own worst enemy for all the work I do or have done. Nothing is ever perfect when I do it but I’ll tell ya what, that thing looks great. Hard to imagine there’s even orange peel in there

· Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Compare upper and lower pane of the window behind my elbow. Zoom way in on the reflection of the door insert. Painter said he intentionally went wide of the trim studs when cutting / buffing.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Wood

Tailgate not cut yet, check emblem reflection (took me until yesterday to notice to tail light crack)
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive tire

Real obvious in the center section - maybe a macho decal?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

If ya scroll back a bit and look for it, the tailgate really jumps out. Like I said, not cut yet.

· Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
I am my own worst enemy for all the work I do or have done. Nothing is ever perfect when I do it but I’ll tell ya what, that thing looks great. Hard to imagine there’s even orange peel in there
One day his wife is in the shop. I said something to her about having to get up close, look the right direction to see something. She gave me grief about it. I said hubby is over there pointing out stuff I still can't see.

It is off the hook and will be interesting see how the roof flips when light hits it.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck

· Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
The color on the RC is beautiful. The shine is scary. Looks about ready for summer around the corner.
Especially when it's not dusty.

So I got about far as I'm gonna go on this thing until it gets cold again. Yesterday I used it to drag my plow truck out of the warehouse because reverse is really gone. Rebuild the spool valve, rewire the aux lights, maybe swap rad support until the RC trans is avail. Should have taken a lap because only light sprinkles but parked it. Scroll up and look how long the seats have been out.

Got up this morning, rolled down stairs to sell some guy some parts, opened the door, said this guy better be on time because I'm going for a run. Lzed rolls up and it's screw the parts, get yer ass in the truck. Real nice day for a lap around the lake and I'm thinking the next couple pages are gonna be more of the same. If I park the LRE for the summer, I won't be hating the 318 and it's good to be the king.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
The 318 ain’t so bad after all huh. :LOL:

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,432 Posts
Nice looking Ramcharger

281 - 289 of 289 Posts