Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1979 Ramcharger w/360 2bbl, I also have recently acquired a 93 dakota with a rebuilt magnum 318 but the tranny's bad I want to take the 318 and put it in my RC has anyone done this? all help is greatly appriciated, I want to keep it fuel injected.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You need the converter from that 18 also, if you are keeping it FI you are gonna need to do alot of wiring, if not then you are gonna need a new intake from Edel or MP plus a carb, dist, have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need the engine computer for the Magnum (use '92-'95 Magnum computer-- for manual transmission if you're planning on using the 3-speed torqueflite. Either will work, the manual just cuts down on possible error messages when the auto tranny computer can't find the tranny it expects to see), as well as the engine wiring harness. You will also need to increase your fuel pressure with an electric fuel pump. Tie the engine computer in with a 12 volt power source and weld an O2 sensor bung into the exhaust. Really not that much to it for your swap. Go for it! As already stated, you will need a torque converter for a 318, that matches the tranny you'll be using.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.