Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D

I just recived it this AM.

needs a little bit but over it kicks ass.

here it is!
http://93gt.com/tunes/TD/index.htm

needs
paint
weather stripping
front bumper, that on is no good
very minor body work
seat covers and carpet.

was a 78 TD supposed to come with cats? this one has true duals and no cats...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I need some off the shelf seat covers, the stockers have a crack in the vinyl and I dont want it to get worse, so its duct tape time for it.

Anyone have a recomendation for regluar everyday buy in the local store seat covers?

G

·
GroverDill said:
Can anyone anser for certian, cats yes or no?
No Cats! Looks like you also have 77 front turn signals & were High back buckets an option in 78, I thought they didn't come out till the solid top?

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
That is remarkably clean and sharp looking !

I haven't found any good source of real seat covers lately,.. just the cheesy knit stretch ones that look bad and don't protect much.

G

·
SNO said:
I thought cats were required after 74? If not when were they required?
Cats were required from 74 and on for cars, but they weren't required for trucks until 79 or 80. At least that's what I was told when I put duals on mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I kinda cheated and skipped the whole Cali smog, I registered it at my moms place.
Idaho :) no smog.

So, I need to dump this POS 2 barrel for a 4 barrel set up, whats the hot ticket for these 360's?

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no no no, I want to run a carb.. for sure

I have done the EFI thing in my 5.0

·
3,940 Posts
78TrailDuster said:
No Cats! Looks like you also have 77 front turn signals & were High back buckets an option in 78, I thought they didn't come out till the solid top?
79 first year for cats, Ca may be different.
amber lens were first available in mid feb of 78.
high backs became optional on SE's and TD sports in 78.
there was a high back optional in 77 only w/the Boca Raton interior. they were shaped differently than 78 and later.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
W300_dually said:
78TrailDuster said:
79 first year for cats, Ca may be different.
amber lens were first available in mid feb of 78.
high backs became optional on SE's and TD sports in 78.
there was a high back optional in 77 only w/the Boca Raton interior. they were shaped differently than 78 and later.
wow thanks for the heads up.

good info

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 78 td too, mines got duals on it with no cats but its funny, ive never seen dual manifolds (stock ones) but shes a friggin beast ,,, 8 in lift all the goodies,,,i need to work with the tranny and put on my holly but other than that its my daily driver

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Very Sharp and clean Rig. Hope to see more of it....

Bob

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I know through other posts you've been working on it any updates?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Howzit - just noticed the reply here. Gave it a minor tune-up & it's running pretty good. Been having fun with it - taken it to Ocotilla a few times already. I'm really tempted to put all my parts off my jeep onto it....must...not...do it....build...buggy..first :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts