Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put lockout hubs on my '78 that has fulltime 4wd. The transfer case in it is nearly impossible to shift into anything, I've only gotten into 4-lo once, and never into 4-hi loc or 4-lo loc. What part time cases will work for me? Or could mine be worth saving and putting a part time kit on it? I have an auto tranny, and I want to be able to have real 2wd.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
no tcase is bolt in replacement, but all will fit with the correct adapter, tranny tailshaft, and crossmember. some might require new driveshafts also.

Duane

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Np203 is what you have, And its possible to find a new one for cheap in the classifieds or on e-bay (I even have one for sale, but your kinda far away). But maybe all you need is to lube up the shift linakage? its worth a try. I have 2 trucks with 203s and one is kinda hard to shift and one is real easy, accually pops out of loc sometimes (think the linkage needs adjustment).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.