Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Hmm...i think most all of it wil lswap over cept some of thge body mount location might be bit different .on the 84 frame . just measure and do some test fit with each component and build it from the ground up . Hell a bare frame would be the best way to do it from the ground up anyhow .

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
It's always been my understanding that it's a bolt-on application, provided that the bodies are the same (club cab or non, long bed or short, etc). But, 'tis possible I am mistaken.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I'm able to have the trucks sitting together.So with tape measures of equal length, let the games begin.Spring shackle mounts are factory riveted on.Grade 8 bolts are my only opinion? Correct!!! Next is the front hubs. There is an large nut with a carter pin.How do I go about putting lock/unlock hubs? Great place for information,really thank you all very much.By the way it's an 400 BBlock,do I here 451 when it's time to rebuild?????

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Easiest way to go to locking hubs is to switch to a Dana 60 front!! If you want to keep your axle, you'll have to change everything over. It's a different set up from the full time axle you know have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.