Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, if u think of anything else keep it coming.
I definitely am looking into a "one man" bleed kit. Ive been using a milk jug with a piece of clear tubing thru the lid, works great..i know the wife would rather be doing other things and i just dont want to cause any harm to those finely tapered legs..
Stopping by napa on the way to dog school today and gonna grab a new master..45 bucks and it couldnt hurt anyhow.

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Drum, steady stream both sides, power breaks and no not with the engine running.
To recap when i got to the front they bleed well and the pedal went to the floor. This weekend im going to pull the wheels off and pull the drums. Everything looks dry on the backing plates and no sign of leakage otherwise.
If you're getting steady streams from both sides then that means the wheel cylinders are working and are responding to brake pedal input. Sounds like everything is doing what it is supposed to be doing - have you driven the truck since bleeding it last?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah i drove it up and down the driveway(100 yd driveway). Its stops fine i suppose...pedal feels spongy still. I cant take it to the road yet..tires are toast, still trying to find 16" wheels. Going to look closer at that 92 this weekend i hope. Last time i went out there it was covered in snow and i had to cross a shollow pond of a tow yard to get at it.

Registered
So i understand the front and rear are separated at the master. If the front system is totally closed how could the front "catch" when doing rears and vice-versa? At any rate today or tomorrow im taking the drums off to inspect anyway.

because it's still ONE master cylinder pushing on two lines , so if the front builds pressure it,ll stop the master from bottoming if bleeding the rear brakes and vica versa

21 - 26 of 26 Posts