Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
This may have been covered before, but for the life of me i cannot find it anywhere in the forums. My truck has a 360, 727 np203. The motor is rebuilt some time ago, but still has a lot of life left. The transmission on the other hand needs to either be rebuilt or go. I would like to swap in the nv4500 because sometime in the future i would like to swap in a big block. What is necessary to convert my 360 to the nv4500? Can i just take the tranny, bellhousing and required clutch linkage from a newer ram? And what t-case issues will i have? I would like to keep the 203, so is there an adapter available?
Maybe i'm going about this all wrong and i should just swap to the outdated 4-speed.
Thanx for any help you guys can give.
-Jeff

·
5,667 Posts
Yes going with Np435 will be easier. basic bolt in and its made for your truck. But if you want a close ratio 4 spd you can go witha np445(no granny gear)

It is possible to go with a Nv4500, bu keeping the np 203 might be hard. you can alway get a divorced some mebers have done this convertion

·
Registered
769 Posts
I know you need a new bellhousing, and I am guessing that you can't keep the 203 becasue it is "married" to the 4speed. I'm not sure if there is some kind of adapter though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts