Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to take some detailed pics of this truck. Cab is in good shape, bed needs rust repair. Frame is scaly but is very solid. I didn't get a chance to hear the engine run due to the gas tank needing replaced (plus it was 15 degrees when I took the pics).
Axle number for front is C36989 (see it in one of the photos).
Hoping to get some feed back on whether I should go for it or run away!!
I'm ok with it either way, so give me an honest opinion PLEASE!
Todd K.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
i think you should toss it by the curb.

(then tell me your address!)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Nice truck, BTW it's got an '80's Dash.

·
Administrator
62,065 Posts
You don't mention the cost, but some things that I see for you to think about are:

Pa inspection, looks like 3-03, which means that you need to fix anything pretty soon.
Exhaust looks like it might need attention real soon.
parking brake cable has a bit of play, definatly wont pass inspection, without adjustment, might be because rear brakes need replaced.
whats he say about the engine, miles,how longs it been sitting, ect.
if he says everything else is ok, you should be able to take some fuel line and hook to the fuel pump, insert it into a can of gas, to hear it run.
are those locking hubs on the front? thats a big plus, downside is that the transfer case if converted to part time might not hold up to well to the big block engine.
overall, I'd depending on price, i'd give it a big consideration, looks to be well takin care of,(at least until they parked it) :eek:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Very nice looking truck there, and yes, that's an 80's dash. Kinda cool, if you ask me.

Only thing that would scare me would be the amount of rust I see. The body rust can be fixed/replaced, but the frame and cross members look pretty bad. Some sandblasting and POR-15 would do wonders unless it's bad enough to have weakened the structural integrity. :-\

When I lived in snow/salt country (Utah), I was that fool who was at the car wash stall religiously every week. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Tell us the price their asking for it and we can give you better answers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
mopar4x said:
Very nice looking truck there, and yes, that's an 80's dash. Kinda cool, if you ask me.

Only thing that would scare me would be the amount of rust I see. The body rust can be fixed/replaced, but the frame and cross members look pretty bad. Some sandblasting and POR-15 would do wonders unless it's bad enough to have weakened the structural integrity. :-\

When I lived in snow/salt country (Utah), I was that fool who was at the car wash stall religiously every week. :)
Thats not rusty thats just small "paint imperfections."

yeah i say go for it it would be worth the 1100. I payed that for mine and you can almost see threw it ;).

oh and frist thing i would do is get rid of the "paint imperfections"

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Neuropel said:
The price on the truck is $1100 firm.
So what do you think? Should I bite the bullet?
Todd K.
Bite that bullet. It looks like its worth every bit of that $1100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.