Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a unimog radio box to the rear of my dodge. I was wondering if there is a high output fan/heater core that I can install in the truck to increase the heat in the truck cab and I can duct that extra to the radio box until I put heat in it?
Thanks Rangerrick

·
5,681 Posts
rangerrick said:
I am adding a unimog radio box to the rear of my dodge. I was wondering if there is a high output fan/heater core that I can install in the truck to increase the heat in the truck cab and I can duct that extra to the radio box until I put heat in it?
Thanks Rangerrick
All i now of for blower fan replacement is just stock. but JC whitney sells small eletric heaters, big eletric heaters, replament heater cores or a unversial fit core that you might be able to run two in the truck to get more heat. My big problem no is getting heat out, i don't even have a heater hooked up the 440 put out so much heat it like have aheater on all the time ;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the thoughts-I have a 3" body lift so my engine heat is no longer available to help. I make just go look at some A/C units and see if they are any better.
Best Regards Rick

·
Registered
541 Posts
Might want to look at the early 90s dodge vans as they had rear a/c and rear heat. Maybe you could adapt it or at least see how they did it at the factory.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
They may be hard to find, but I had an 80 Sno-Commander with heavy duty heater. It had a larger blower and core. I did manage to take these back out before scrapping the truck. You could fry eggs on the dash of this bad boy. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts