Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it match up?  The grill is a 77 with round headlights and turn signals in the grill, the 88 has the square sealed beams.  Would I need to change the radiator support?  The profiles a pretty good match, no very noticeable overlap issues?

·
Registered
799 Posts
A 79-80 and 72-76 grille will fit on 81-90 core support with little modification (make sure you have the headlight buckets).  All you have to do is replace the 81-90 with a 72-76,79-80 valance that has the turn signals in it.  When it comes to the 77-78 grille, the valance might be the same as an 81-90, but the turn signals might interfer with the core support.  I would look at a 77-78 truck to see how far back the turn signals stick out.

The fender and edge of grille won't line up exactly because one is more round than the other.  Actually, the 72-76 headlight buckets are held on by the adjusters just like my 86 rectangular buckets were.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.