Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1977 dodge w200 power wagon
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll make a thread to show up to date progress. But I believe the mistakes have to be known to appreciate what it looks like now.
We’ll start with the delivery of it to my yard.
http://instagr.am/p/CVwSTnYMaZF/ http://instagr.am/p/CVwSTnYMaZF/ http://instagr.am/p/CVwSTnYMaZF/ It was majestic watching it come down the drive on a dodge roll back. And boy was it ugly . But all I seen was potential!
It has been a military truck..a Florida forestry service truck. And a volunteer fire department truck ( thus it’s red paint job ) it had been sitting for 2 years and had a money back guarantee.. and a guaranteed buy back if I ever won’t to sell it down the road.
After replacing “ everything electrical “ a new carburetor. And cleaning the fuel tank. We had him fired up and sounding good .
http://instagr.am/p/CXEYfVEA5TC/ .
And then my cousin who knows fords went to messing with it while I was at work.. and melted some wires. Amongst other things. And I banned him from touching it and took my key to work with me !!
More to come look back later on today

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

that’s my next lengthy post… is the mistakes I had/did on paInt.. I drive a semi and get very short breaks to do this.

but the above pictures is what it looks like now and the pattern I’m going with

wait till you see what I’ve done just to sand it down.. some didn’t look too bad . Some looked really bad. Then I nailed the look I was after !

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE PAINT CURVE BALL! I’m sure I spent $400+ on all colors known to man. Allways using rustoleum.

Unfortunately the phone I had everything on died and it wasn’t “ backed up” ( learned the value of backing your devices up, by that incident—-that’s why some things I got to use my instagram),,,

I watched you- tube to see if I would learn something about camouflage. Maybe a truck I didn’t know of.. and all them videos were a Joke. I knew I wasn’t going to just spray around a leaf ! How tacky!
I looked at store bought stencils. And they didn’t really impress me… I tried a bunch of foliage to see what type of pattern it made.. from the stalk of a thorn bush.. bamboo.. all types of cedar trees ( many varieties..I delivered to a huge nursery and just went insane cutting stuff on their back 20)

I looked at military designs from around the world.. I think it was Australia. That had a pattern I liked. Then I set out to duplicate it.

I found that a Royal palm tree limb or any palm tree with small “ leaf things “ on the branch. A wide leaf branch didn’t work for me.
POMPASS GRASS. Gave me a good pattern.
A TALL WEED that grows in a water filled ditch.
STENCILS. I made some to fit the pattern I wanted ( I also made some that never got used )
I was looking for thin lines. But lines with assorted patterns.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes I acquire items. To install later in the build.. got a perfect hood ornament. To match the truck .
And a new Dog Leg handle for the shifter.

Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Gas Wood

Automotive tire Cookware and bakeware Kitchen utensil Gas Kitchen appliance

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Tool Gas

that jewelers anvil is going to be perfect for the hood ornament.. been searching for the perfect item to fabricate into the hood ornament.

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tire Bicycle wheel Automotive lighting

this heavy training grenade will be perfect sitting on top of the dog leg shifter.

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

for $5 I’ll give it a try . The outside will be covered by my rebel flag steering wheel cover…

·
Registered
887 Posts
That’s a pretty decently sized set up. I have a 10in sub that came installed with my RC. Feel like I need a bigger alternator. I think mine is only 90amp.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m getting ready to turn this thing up !!
While I have everything off would be the time to change the cam.
mom still debating that . But I got a lot of cleaning before installation.

Tool Grass Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Differential Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 15 of 15 Posts