Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my question about the 8'' lift gave me more trouble than I wanted (no time for the cross over steering) anywho with a 6'' lift what are the biggest tires I would be able to run. I would get into some moderate articulation, I was guessing like 35X1250R15's or 36x1250R15's.

Oh yea and how hard is it to mod the fenders being that they are doubled, with the inner and outer layers of metal.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
35's you'll most likely be able to flex the crap out of it. Little less with the 36's, but rim width and backspacing will play a big effect on how much rubbing will, if any , you'd have

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
if the cross over steering is whats holding u back, i suggest u wait til u can do that. IMHO, crossover steering is a must for any tires 35in or larger. that will be my firts mod after i lift my truck and RC.

Duane

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On that crossover steering how hard is it to put together, do you have to do any fabrication or is it a somewhat simple install. Are there any kits that would come with parts and instructions? I would love to go with a full 8'' lift being that its not a whole lot more than the 6'' lift and with 38'' tires Dodges just look so nice ;D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spittindurt said:
I would love to go with a full 8'' lift being that its not a whole lot more than the 6'' lift
It dosent cost much more to get the 8'' rather than the 6'' is what I ment.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
that how to is for a d44. we also have one for a d60 incase u brake the 44 and need to upgrade. and hydro assist for 100 bux, who can beat that?

Duane

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
CLRracer said:
and hydro assist for 100 bux, who can beat that?

Duane
You can't ;D I'm considering that mod myself and I don't even have crossover steering, not to mention I probably won't have my wheels stuck between boulders ever either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.