Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some final q's befor I go ahead and oder a 3'' body lift for my truck. on my steering shaft it comes out of the firewall into a joint then from there down to my steering box, is this considered a 2 peice steering shaft? Also anyone that has done this to a W100 if you could let me know what all had to be moved around and whatnot to do the body lift It would help me out a ton. I talked to my neighbor that has done a couple body lifts on the W100's and he said that as long as the lift wasent over 3'' the steering shaft would be ok, just wondered what other people have done/seen.

Thanks a ton,
Tom

p.s. plan on ordering a 4'' susp lift at same time.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Some might say to go a head and get a borgeson or flaming river steering shaft because of the body lift but you might not need it depending on the condition of your current steering shaft. Try doing a search as this has been covered to death.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh god I know lol, but with my crappy internet a question is faster than a search lol. went to my local les schwabs and found out that they wont put 35'' tires on with any sort of rubbing so they wanted to sell me a tuff country 6'' lift installed for 1300 mkay no thanks, figure on doing a 4'' susp and a 3'' body seeing how this isnt my daily driver (go go lowered neon ricer car) I'll let you guys know how the body lift goes if I needed a shaft or not (meaby do a how-to even)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well after carefull thought, bigger is better right? 8) I went ahead and ordered the Tuff-Country 6'' lift from rockymountainsusp.com along with SX8000's and a 3'' steering block (for starters) should ship out the 5th (wednesday) hopeing to not have to have the front drive shaft lengthened, if I do oh well. Planning on running 35 or 36'' tires might go so far as to put a 3'' body lift on after all this. Will be one of the biggest street legal dodges in my town 8)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
spittindurt said:
Will be one of the biggest street legal dodges in my town 8)
THATS the way to do it! lol ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts