Dodge RamCharger Central banner

76 Power Wagon W100

8K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Georges1991 
#1 ·
So I recently sold my 76 W100 that had a 400ci
I loved it dearly but I found another 76 W100 that 'I thought' was in much better condition.

The first picture is the old 400ci truck I sold.

The rest of the pictures are the 'new to me' w100 - this one came with a 318 rebuilt engine and the matching numbers engine was in the box - owner said he heard it was fine, just tired so instead of rebuilding that one, they found a freshly built 318 and had them put it in.

Story goes, some guy had this truck a long time, with a bunch of other dodges and when he died, his wife sold everything. This guy picked up a few things including the truck which he sold to me. He didnt know much about the truck except it looked real good.

---
long story short
the engine was F*&C';d - When I looked it over, it was awesome - even the drive - it was good. But by the time I got it home (50 miles) - I noticed oil sprayed all over the hood

I couldn't find the source of the oil so I figured head gasket spilling out - hitting the fan, and spraying about.
Oil stick was half out, and foaming, indicating water in the oil yadda yadda yadda - eventually after getting heads off, seen all the metal pieces around the camshaft - damn

So ... I used the money from selling the old truck to build a fresh 360 for this bad boy

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
This truck is in pretty damn good condition

The interior is pretty much flawless - in fact the whole truck is really good - no rust - quite clean

I checked the gears - 3.21  :(  damn ... that was kinda crappy to find but oh well - gives me a project for next year :) Id like to go with 4.10s and bigger tires at some point as I try to make it look like a beautiful Macho Power Wagon - going to go with the 78 decals I think.

Here the 360 engine is being decked, honed etc...

Attachments

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Take a deep breath and then exhale!
Now spend a moment to realize how good you guys have it in life as I know every one of you own a garage where you can spend countless hours working away on your toys and projects! I seriously idolize you!

I grew up in the country where owning 10+ acres of land is the norm, and every house had a 2 car garage - but 5 years ago I moved to Vancouver, BC (Canada) as the fiance is a professor at the local university here and well - living here was part of the package :)

Space is extremely limited but luckily they let me build these storage boxes in the parking garage - I keep em locked and park the truck above it so if someone really wanted in - they'll need to work for it.

The fiance cannot understand why I would want a truck, or want to own a piece of land but thankfully she lets me do what I like as long as Im not going into debt doing it.

The cool thing about getting my engine built at Alec Machine shop is they'll let me be around when they put er all together - they're also taking pictures of the build and putting it into a nice package for me when I get the engine.

But it will be in this underground parking spot when I completely change out all the electrical wiring - thats a project for this coming winter :)

Attachments

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Oh we worked out our differences long ago. I just wish I had a little more physical space for projects :)

She's an English and Literature professor who loves Food and people, and has no interest in how the world works from a mechanical perspective. I did engineering at first then honors in physics, love working/tinkering on projects and getting dirty. Could care less about food or being too social.

But our core values are the same and her and I are best friends. We understand each other and more importantly, respect each other.

Im sure once the projects get too big I will rent out a garage but the cost is pretty high so I will need to address it when it comes.
Either that or I will buy an acre lot way out in the boonies someplace and build a garage that I can also live in - so I can venture out to it on weekends. I actually love what I have going, I just envy all you guys and your garages :)

Discussion starter · #12 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.