Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have not ben onn here for awhile, well i sold the ramcharger to my dad as i needed money to fix the stang well it took way more money than i thought. so the ramcharger is on hold for now. but i found a 76 dodge 4x4, this truck looks great the inside is alittle dirty nothin a seat cover and some rino liner would not fix. its a auto, 318, 2 barell carb. i meen this truck is bitchin, the only problem is that its full time 4x4 is that bad??? i was told these trucks will last a long time and will take a beating, i am goin to use it as a bussnies truck around town and maby a weekend mud truck nothin major, i plan on throwin a set of 33x10-50's on it and a exhaust and callin it good. would this be a good truck??? for bein in montana i need a 4x4, but i also know i can take the front drive line out when i drive in town and then on the weekends i can throw it back in, but i dont want to swap the running gear ect ect i would like to leave it as is but if the full time 4x4 is junk then i will pass on it. can you guys help me out?? and tell me if you have owned or own the full time 4x4, thanks guys and it would be nice to have a dodge so i can come back to this sight lol ;D ;D

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
Many will tell you full time is not good.

I say other wise.  ;D Just leave the driveshaft on no harm and it will go 200K IF you grease the front bearings regularly.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Many will tell you full time is not good.

I say other wise. ;D Just leave the driveshaft on no harm and it will go 200K IF you grease the front bearings regularly.
X2

Full-Time is a pretty decent setup (Notice all of my 4WD's except my Jeep are NP203 "Fulltime" rigs ;) ) The T-Case itself is very Stout aswell, just don't attempt to pick up a NP203 like it's gonna be some lightweight aluminum case, cause you'll pull a muscle :-\

They do take abuse aswell, stronger than a Set of Manual Lock Outs/Hubs too. And nothing to stick out to Catch a Rock, aint that right Tony ;) Didnt you bust off a Locking Hub on a rock or something once?

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
ChrisKD said:
And nothing to stick out to Catch a Rock, aint that right Tony ;) Didnt you bust off a Locking Hub on a rock or something once?
Yep the drivers side on the D60 on the diesel. :'(

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
ChrisKD said:
just don't attempt to pick up a NP203 like it's gonna be some lightweight aluminum case, cause you'll pull a muscle :-\
id did that yesterday ;D picked up the 203 and loaded it into a wheel barrow and rolled it around back of the house... muscles still ok :D

but it was HEAVY ;D

So how much are they wanting for it???

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Yep the drivers side on the D60 on the diesel. :'(
The 92/93 trucks use internal "chevy style" hubs, like the locking hubs most people install on 44s, not like the selectros you are used to. Maybe some 91s have it, maybe it's an intercooled thing.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
From what I understand both hubs were available up through '93 and it was optional which you wanted.

As far as the '76 being a good truck, yeah, it's a good truck but if it's a good deal depends on what you are paying for it and it's overall condition.  Do not take out the front driveshaft, it won't do you any good and will eventually cause damage to the transfer case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o OK thanks man i just want another dodge because it gives me a reason to come back to this sight plus i can put my rcc decals on it :D :D :D, but i was told by a few that they are great, this truck looks great, i am trading some old car audio and a xbox 360 lol for it, but it really dose look good, the guy says it runs and shifts great. but i just wanted to here from some one that has had one on this sight thanks man. do you still go the full time 4x4?? is it great for on the trails ect ect???

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
MOPAR-******* said:
i am trading some old car audio and a xbox 360 lol for it, do you still go the full time 4x4?? is it great for on the trails ect ect???
Well for that price you can't go wrong. ;D

Yes they are great for off road as long as you keep the axle bearings greased.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ddgeramcharge i am tradeing a xbox 360 and some car audio. but i am goin to get it, i should have it here thursday i hope, my lil sis is gettting here drivers license wensday {bawl} {bawl} {bawl} {help} {help} man is it goin to be scarry  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Well for that price you can't go wrong. ;D

Yes they are great for off road as long as you keep the axle bearings greased.
x2 you have to watch the axle bearings like a hawk.. had some go out on the interstate once... it wasnt pretty ;D

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
ddgeramcharger79 said:
x2 you have to watch the axle bearings like a hawk.. had some go out on the interstate once... it wasnt pretty ;D
I had a grease fire because of them at 60mph. :eek: It's a good thing I had a 1/2gal of green tea with me or the truck would have burned to the ground. {yes}

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I agree with Tony (don't quote me on that ;D).  I enjoy the full time set-up.  It still makes a u-turn tighter than a standard 4x4 can while it's engaged.  My trailduster was a dream in the winter and on the trails.  I would run a 33x10.5 and not even think twice about it.  Just my .02.

Pictures.......

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
mopar65pa said:
I had a grease fire because of them at 60mph. :eek: It's a good thing I had a 1/2gal of green tea with me or the truck would have burned to the ground. {yes}
Remind me to mount a 1/2 Gallon of Green Tea behind the seat of my Diesel, beside the Fire Extinguisher :p Quick thinking though 8)

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
3jvj said:
I agree with Tony (don't quote me on that ;D).
:eek: {dont} {tongue}

ChrisKD said:
Remind me to mount a 1/2 Gallon of Green Tea behind the seat of my Diesel, beside the Fire Extinguisher :p Quick thinking though 8)
;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.