Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my manual for the 75 trucks shows parking brake cable lay out non look like the lay out on my 75 does any one have
a copy of the cable lay out and part numbers for what i dont have?
this is what i have 75 r/c 4x4 727/203
cables brom both drum brakes and cable from
foot park brake cable (total of 3 cables)
both the ones off the rear seem to be routed to the left side?
and what ties the three together?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i can send you a pic of what ties the 3 together later tonight.... my truck is at moms place not at thome so i will take a pic tonight. as for both cables being routed to the left side thats correct. they SHOULD have a funky c shaped peice that ties the 3 together just outside teh frame rail on the drivers side. at least thats how my 77 PW is run.... hope this helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes how ever chumps picture now has me very confused
my one cable that should attach to the rear 2 cables is
comming down the center of the truck vs the lt frame rail

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
it shouldn't be..... the parking brake is on the drivers side not in the middle..... unless someone went in and messed with it a nd moved it..

·
Registered
421 Posts
trkmec said:
no the park brake pedal is on the left the cable runs down the
left side than is routed to the center
My 75 has the same setup. The part that ties the cables together looks like part # 17 in the above diagram with the two axle cables comming through and mounted in the rear crossmember.

·
7,995 Posts
Ok, it might be very well that the 74-75 were different and the parts book does not show it. Pleazse realize that way back when, Mopar did a lousy job of annotating there parts books. I used to have to have the counter guy order the parts in, just to see if they were correct. I'll see if I can come up with a better diagram...the part numbers will be correct or should be. Do you need all the cables?

·
7,995 Posts
Does the front cable have a threaded end on it? If it does then I would think all you may need is #17 and #18 to tie them together? As far as #18 goes, I would not use a Nylon(Nyloc) nut, I would use a deformed thread type like a Stover or Center lock nut. The nylon insert ones will melt if they get close to too much heat.

·
7,995 Posts
Ok..I looked at the pictures and am wondering if someone has changed the complete rear axle out to a later model. As mentioned in a previous post the 2 rear brake cables should mount in the crossmember with horseshoe clips but your pictures show the 2 rear cables running along the frame. I need to look a little further but thats what I believe has happened? This picture is from my 74 RC service manual...this should be the style that you are supposed to have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chump.
you may be on to something with the rear being changed out
if that is the case would i just need to get the 75 rear cables?
and the link that ties them together? if so
would you have the part numbers?

·
7,995 Posts
I'll assume that the axle is the Chrysler 9.25..I would think that all you need to do is get the correct cables...now that could be a pain...I will check further. Notice the housings for the cables appear to be the same length but the actual cable is longer on the L/H side and my parts book is not very clear. Might have to use a universal kit and make them or have them made. Give me some time to look around. :):)

·
7,995 Posts
The bracket that appears to be on the end of the threaded front cable ends appears to be part# 2961439 and is used on the Van setup. I'm assuming back then that these were the same part used on the vans/trucks?

The rear cables are listed as follows:
# 4030362-R/H
# 4030363-L/H
I cannot verify the actual cable length or the outside sheath length on these two numbers.

The bracket or equalizer that that joins both rear cables together appears to be part# 2961441 as used on the vans/trucks also. This is the part that the 2 ball ends of the rear cables would slide into and lock via a slotted hole.

The guides or tensioners on the crossmembers appear to be part# 3633086 as used on the vans/trucks.

It may be possible to find some of these parts at the salvage yard under a 74-77 van?
I will Email you some of the parts book diagrams that I have. Also you might try NAPA and see if they have a Buyer's Guide for brake cables...this would give dimensions and pictures. Keep in touch...i'm interested to see what you find. I have some other ideas also. :)

·
7,995 Posts
I just got another parts book which is for 74-75 Traiduster only and it looks like the ebrake system may be a carryover from the 72-73 truck line. As soon as I have a chance to scan the page and research the part numbers, I'll give you a holler. :)

·
7,995 Posts
Chump said:
I just got another parts book which is for 74-75 Traiduster only and it looks like the ebrake system may be a carryover from the 72-73 D/W100 truck line. As soon as I have a chance to scan the page and research the part numbers, I'll give you a holler. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts