Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I managed to get nearly a whole ac system out of a scrap yard. I have the inside parts figured out I think so after some r&r that will be good. My issue is the parts under the hood. I have the compressor and brackets and a few lines my question is the lines. Can anyone get me pictures of the factory lines on the rv2 compressor and where they go? Diagrams also work. The other issue I have is what comes off the front of the compressor. The fsm shows something that looks like a small cylinder that I lack but I do have annother cylinder in one of the lines. Can anyone identify what these are? My assumption is that one is a filter dryer.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
Not a great pic, I might have more, I will keep looking. The part in question is a muffler. It comes off the front, and circles around back to the high pressure hose.

The receiver drier is on the pass fender.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
These may also help, I do not know what year they are from, I collected them from somewhere.

Many like to swap to a sandon compressor, they say it works better then the RV2.

Rectangle Font Art Pattern Parallel

Line Font Parallel Schematic Technical drawing

Art Font Line Pattern Parallel

Textile Rectangle Font Art Book

Handwriting Font Parallel Book Paper

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
This is the last one I can find right off. Hope something helps. Depending on the weather, I might be able to get better pics of the first truck, This one is not assembled any more.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Extremely Helpful thank you. a few more pics would be a plus. Do you or anyone else have a part number for the muffler? Engine in the bed and front clip on the ground killed most of my knowledge of this. Also I'm sure its been answered here before but what year condensers swap in? I've heard of the sandon swap but based off what I know about AC as long as the compressor can pump enough volume it doesn't matter and I think a few HP is worth the factory compressor, if fast is important I'll turn it off and If it Knocks the cab temps down to 80 When its over 100 I'm Happy.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
Here, I found this. The muffler is part of the high side hose, number 21.

Font Line Rectangle Parallel Drawing

Font Material property Number Parallel Monochrome

White Line Font Art Auto part

Font Material property Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
Here is my part one video on the subject, Its for the 2nd gen trucks, but it should help you a lot. Its my tear down video. I still got make the assemble video lol. Which im getting to this spring.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
Here is some more pics from the 77. Not sure what that is in the 4th pic. A extra space to increase the freon, like an extra reciever?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Hood

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part Nut

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Gas Rim

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what that is in the 4th pic. A extra space to increase the freon, like an extra reciever?
unfortunately that's the one cylinder that I have.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Minor update. I believe after some research that cylinder is an accumulator. Possibly the later models built this into the receiver drier.

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
Minor update. I believe after some research that cylinder is an accumulator. Possibly the later models built this into the receiver drier.

an accumulator IS a Drier Receiver

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm well if anyone has an idea or an old one that can be cut open I'm curious about what's inside

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
It is a permanent part of the low side hose. It may well be a receiver or accumulator, it is not a drier, that is mounted next to the radiator. These are both from the same truck.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
Which makes sense, look at number 29 in post 6, it is just called a filter drier.

Looks like they are filter/ drying on the high side, so they need the receiver for the low side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts