Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pics are half way through the tear down, reassembly. I had the motor rebuilt 3 over with a higher torque cam for a little more towing, hauling capability. The motor is a 360 with a 727 trans behind it. The next things to go on are the radiator, alt, headers. Right now I am still repairing the cab, which included drilling out hundreds of spotwelds, removing the metal headliner, roof, and door pillars, sandblasting, new floor, new rockers, and a thick coat of POR-15 in all of the crevices. The doors are being fitted before the roof goes on right now(you can see in the background.

I envy those with a garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
just wondering, why the orange control arms?

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
that is soo sweet, keep it up, and you will enjoy what you have created....{smoke}

MOPARS RULE

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't want to paint everything black, so I chose to paint some parts orange. Most of the truck is por 15'ed, then black enamel paint on top of that. I always liked the look of contrasting colors when you open the hood or see through the wheel openings.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Nice work. I like the detailing. I like multi-colours too. Keep it up{cool}

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looks like you've got yourself quite a project there. I didn't take mine that far apart but I can tell you to try to be patient and just walk away for awhile if you feel like taking shortcuts. I think you'll be happier in the end. Good luck and keep us posted. 8)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, I did leave it alone for about a week now. I took the cab all apart to get to all of the rust. I am now welding the door pillars in place and lining up the doors. This is the hardest part so far.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Your truck looks so awsome already! very clean chassis and motor. Why not just drive it like that for a while?

·
5,138 Posts
Looks good man. Wish I had taken mine that far apart!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am just about to paint thee bare cab now. I drilled out all of the spot welds, replaced the rusted through sheet metal, and used por-15 to coat the pieces. Everything is welded back in, new rockers, floors, headliner, door pillars.

Hopefully by the end of this week, I will have the glass in and ready to mount onto the frame.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Man your really going all the way on that thing. Give us some more pics.{cool}

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
more pics on my geocities site...

www.geocities.com/jlessard2001

I will post some more next week of the reassembly. Thanks for all of your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts