Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Anyone have pressure PSI and flow rate for stock 727 auto transmission, through the input and output lines from tranny to the radiator. Thanks.

Mac 8)

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
in what gear ??? and at what speed ??? and what throttle position ???

I can give ya pressures, but my book does not mention flowrate...but if you know the line ID I can calculate it for ya...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, that it varies according to the situation.

Just for my purposes, let's say at idle in D.

Mac

TheRamChargerMan said:
in what gear ??? and at what speed ???

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
park, line presure is 5-30 psi to the cooler Actually, my book shows 5-30 psi to the cooler under all conditions...but other pressures inside the trans change drastically

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that 5 TO 30 psi or something else, sorry just making sure. Not sure of the ID but I'll ask my son to figure out the flow rate, pay me back for his college education.

:)

TheRamChargerMan said:
park, line presure is 5-30 psi to the cooler Actually, my book shows 5-30 psi to the cooler under all conditions...but other pressures inside the trans change drastically

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
al ya need is the weight of a gall of tranny fluid, and some math.

Yes, the shop manual (real shop manual) I have shows 5-30 psi range for the flow path to the cooler under all conditions. So I'd guess there is an orifice to reduce the pressure down, and it is most likely 5 psi at park/idle, and 30 psi under full throttle/drive conditions.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the info.

Mac

TheRamChargerMan said:
al ya need is the weight of a gall of tranny fluid, and some math.

Yes, the shop manual (real shop manual) I have shows 5-30 psi range for the flow path to the cooler under all conditions. So I'd guess there is an orifice to reduce the pressure down, and it is most likely 5 psi at park/idle, and 30 psi under full throttle/drive conditions.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
factory service manuals come in real handy ....yer welcome

Mine is for a 79 727, but it has nice color diagrams showing all the flow paths under different conditions, and the pressures for each.

If you need it, I can see what it would take to make some color copies.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might take you up on that.

Mac

TheRamChargerMan said:
factory service manuals come in real handy ....yer welcome

Mine is for a 79 727, but it has nice color diagrams showing all the flow paths under different conditions, and the pressures for each.

If you need it, I can see what it would take to make some color copies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts