Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my truck "Lurch" this pic was taken by the owner at the JY in California. I am going to get the body work started soon! I'll get some better pic's and post them. ;D

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
hey mopar1 i see ya fingered it out huh? really is easy once ya get the hang of it, and that really is a long truck too, ;D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Is that a long bed on there??? My eyes arent so good lately. Havent seen many crew cab long beds.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is an 8 foot bed! The truck measures 21 foot long bumper to bumper. :eek: ;D I am going to put new tires on it in the next few weeks. Probably BF Goodwench T/A KO 31 10.5 16.5's and hope they will fit.

·
Premium Member
26,084 Posts
i have the BFG KO's paint it silver

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a new pic :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and another

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a 73 d200 165" wheelbase, yep, another long bed! I tore the entire thing apart and am now putting back together, so if you have any questions, I may be able to help. Lots of potential!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
there was one of these on e-bay that might make a good prts trk for someone--I imagine those rear doors are very rare. I think it was in junk cars and parts. I looked at it for a bit but seven is enough for now!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
hey, mopar1 the mechanic I bought my power wagon from has a crew cab long bed just like that for sale! In fact it donated its tail gate to replace my tacoed one (oops) If you live in or around ca. and are interested tell me and I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, CA is a long ways from Indiana. I had this truck shipped from CA in the Sacramento area. Have him post it for sale here because there are other people looking for a crew cab! Thanks for the offer :)

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Looks like it has lots of potential!!!!
What does it have for options???

Olly

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess it does not have many options :-\ AM radio (still there, doesn't work) It's an Adventurer camper special. 9000# GVW, 400 BB, Had the dual gas tank option (got rid of the gas tank inside.....something about 25 gallons of fuel sloshing behind the back seat with my kids straped to it didn't seem safe to me :)) first year for front disk brakes. Power steering and brakes is it. Next year I will be adding A/C without a doubt! Maybe a radio sooner IF I get tired of listining to the big block and dual exhausts ;D For now I am just getting it ready for my daily ride. Pictures of the body work in progress will be coming soon! Thanks for the encouraging words 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice project!!! I am currently building a 1983 Crewcab duallie, I am swapping in a cummins with a 618 auto trans. That 165" wheelbase is awesome on the highway, even unloaded with a 1 ton suspension, it floats along like an Imperial! Do you know if anyone has succesfully swapped in power windows in the rear doors of a Dodge crewcab? Its a project I want to try. I will take some pictures and post them soon. Good luck on your project. Murfman

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cummins would be cool!! Let me know how the power window conversion goes because that is on my to do list also :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
FYI A 1st gen cummins is a bolt in swap into your truck, you may need to modify the core support for the big radiator, but everything else fits! If you are considering a cummins let me know, I have done a lot of research on the swap Murfman

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks PowerWagonGreg for the kind words! I have been driving it in a lot of snow lately, It does real good for a 2WD. I have been through 8" of non drifted snow with no trouble and some snow drifts too. I am shoping around this area for a 4x4 to use as a parts truck so that I can get the 4x4 system for my truck. Thanks again ;D

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, I found my truck's post back on page 12. Last post was January 3rd 2003. Thought I would bump it up and post a newer picture of it.
I finally got most all the parts to convert over to 4X4 but I don't think that I will do it now. Seems like too much work to change the engine crossover and everything else.
Besides 2wd's are cool too. I just need to get it up in the air some because it sets too low for my liking

Attachments

G

·
I just so happen to have an unmarried transfer case with crossmember that would bolt right up under that truck, along with a front axle.... (minus hubs, minor detail) everything you'd need to convert it to 4x4 cept the front driveshaft.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts