Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just bought my new project, 79 RC se; my first task is changing the heater core as its leaking terribly.  I have found that the heater core for the 70-80's RC's and Rams with air conditioning has been discontinued and cant be sourced anywhere.  Has anyone found a suitable replacement.    I can get the heater core for the non air conditioned unit; but 'd hate to start cutting things up.

Any help would be appreciated

Edit, changed title to prevent confusion-SB

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just went through this a month or so ago - took out the old one and took it to a radiator repair shop.  Cost more then a replacement one but then if it's not in stock is it really cheaper?  YMMV

·
Registered
191 Posts
Where can you get a non-A/C model? I can’t find it anywhere.

Had the same experience as the other poster, radiator shop said they will re-core for $330....ouch!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I took a look but only saw one used ins for around $200.
Plea to of heater core for B100 vans starting around $50, physically they don’t look the same but do the interchange?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is there a radiator repair shop around you?  Might be worth a call...

·
Registered
191 Posts
LMC seems to be the only source.

I tried the radiator shop. IT was one of the only ones who said they could re-core since it was a discontinued item. $330. I was expecting $40-60, ouch! LMC replacement is $185. Its either that, or keep running it on bypass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.