Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! put my 6'' lift on my 76 W100 today/yesterday. So we get the rear springs on (had to drop tank PITA, and we put the shocks on(er wait they sent us the wrong ones and the shocks were not long enough) So we move to the front end, cant get the darn pitman arm off for the darn steering block(no biggy) then we move to the Tcase drop spacer the darn thing isnt even big(long) enough to line up with the bolt holes in the crossmember/frame. So long story short I drove it home with no shocks on the rear and Tuff country's going to get a call :D P.S. the front of the truck sits about 3'' lower than the rear(it looks like the front springs give 4'' of lift and the rear's give 6'', unless anyone elses rigs with this lift sits low in the front.

Oh the brake line extenders wouldnt work so we fabricated up some brackets and the orig brake lines worked great, also with the t-case drop that we fabricated up the front/rear drive shafts work tho for a good measure I'm going to lengthen the front.

Thats my 2 cents :p :p :p

Some of the things may of worked but my brother, dad and I couldnt come up with a way to make some of the stuff work (brakeline extenders) so this may not apply to all lifts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
You didn't re use the blocks inthe rear did ya ? be why it sits ass high anyhow .... those blocks aren't re used for that lift or you should have gotten 6" leafs for the front

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We ordered 6'' leaves and the invoice says they are 6'' leaves but it still sits high in the ass worse than an old 2wd pickup, the post was more of an act to let out some steam but things still were not working (on the brake lines we just figured out a better way, because we had tools and metal to work with)

I really cant say anymore untill I talk to tuff-country in the morning, the problem may of just been a goof on ither side rocky mountain sups or tuff-country sending the wrong parts.

Shit happens.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Some times with lift kits they give more in the rear. You might have gotten a kit for a RC they are heavier in the rear so more lift/spring

G

·
spittindurt said:
We ordered 6'' leaves and the invoice says they are 6'' leaves but it still sits high in the ass worse than an old 2wd pickup, the post was more of an act to let out some steam but things still were not working (on the brake lines we just figured out a better way, because we had tools and metal to work with)

I really cant say anymore untill I talk to tuff-country in the morning, the problem may of just been a goof on ither side rocky mountain sups or tuff-country sending the wrong parts.

Shit happens.
I have the 6" Tuff Country on mine and it was ass high for about a week but the springs settle and it will be level.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I was kind of wondering where the front shocks worked great but the rear are about 1'' short with the suspension under normal truck weight (off of the jacks just sitting there) so I still dont know about the shocks they sent me because if I ever flex it enough its going to bust one.

Outlaw what year is your RC I was looking at your post trying to use some of your tips and whatnot but your t-case drop brackets are different than the ones I got but we made some out of 3/4'' solid steel so them sob's are gunna be strong 8)

The truck only weights around 4200 lbs without me in it so its not a heavy truck by any means. The front springs are a TCI-D6M (i think) rears are TCI-D6R im guessing the 6 stands for 6'' lift and if it does settle in the rear it should work just fine.

cant stop smileing been waiting for 2 years to get a truck and have it sitting up in the clouds. 8) 8)

G

·
spittindurt said:
Well I was kind of wondering where the front shocks worked great but the rear are about 1'' short with the suspension under normal truck weight (off of the jacks just sitting there) so I still dont know about the shocks they sent me because if I ever flex it enough its going to bust one.

Outlaw what year is your RC I was looking at your post trying to use some of your tips and whatnot but your t-case drop brackets are different than the ones I got but we made some out of 3/4'' solid steel so them sob's are gunna be strong 8)

The truck only weights around 4200 lbs without me in it so its not a heavy truck by any means. The front springs are a TCI-D6M (i think) rears are TCI-D6R im guessing the 6 stands for 6'' lift and if it does settle in the rear it should work just fine.

cant stop smileing been waiting for 2 years to get a truck and have it sitting up in the clouds. 8) 8)
Mine is an 83. The Tcase drop was custom made by mr peal because I had the same problem with the one they sent. Also I already had modified to stainless brake lines with my 4" Rough Country lift, so i did not use the ones that came with it. How does your truck ride otherwise?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I called tuff-country and they said that I had the shackle bolts to tight (guess a air gun aint the answer to everything) and we losened them up to around 35-45 lb-ft and it lowered the back just enough to get the shocks on. We did same on front. The damn thing still sits high in the rear if you put a bar from one side of the fender (front to back) to the other side it wouldnt touch the rear tire but If you tried the same thing in the front there is about 3'' of tire above bottom of the fender.

My ride is rougher than a sob, nothing like just useing 3/4 ton springs to lift it but its rough, on flexing I dont really know because I only have 31'' tires and they dont look like they move that much but when I put 36'' tires on It might look better. I can get a tire about 2-3 feet in the air and still have all of the tires planted but again thats with 31'' tires and they look like ity bity toy tires.

G

·
I guarantee that ass end will settle after a week or so of driving. Just be sure to resnug all your bolts after that time too. My ride is smooth unless I hit the big bumps and then it feels funky , but then again I have other issues to address in the rear. I will be putting a shackle flip on soon.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the pictures of your RC in your how-to what size tires are those?

Im debating 35X1250 Claws or 36X1250 swampers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts