Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of getting the 6" tuff country system. First off, does anyone (outlaw) know what the part # is for the kit in this how to:http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=&action=howtoshow;id=62?
Secondly, will that kit work in a 76' fulltime 4x4 truck? I ask this because I don't know if I can do a transfer case drop on the 203 setup. Any info would be greatly appriecated. -Max

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I just installed a 6" tuff county on a '75, and didn't need to drop the 203, or do any thing to the front DS.
-Steve C.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
This is what I am going with for my 85 ram also, but i think i will have to drop my transfer case and mess with the front DS?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Ram1985Custom said:
This is what I am going with for my 85 ram also, but i think i will have to drop my transfer case and mess with the front DS?
Every truck is different. We had to change the steering arm, and mess with brake lines, but that was about it. We did the whole lift in 6 hours, and the truck was rusty too.
-Steve C.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whlnwgn, was yours a complete kit like the one in the how to? what did yours include?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Springs all the way around, shocks, and shims. I'm not 100% on what all came with it, the owner of the truck bought the kit used.
-Steve C.

G

·
Grayguy said:
So I'm thinking of getting the 6" tuff country system. First off, does anyone (outlaw) know what the part # is for the kit in this how to:http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=&action=howtoshow;id=62?
Secondly, will that kit work in a 76' fulltime 4x4 truck? I ask this because I don't know if I can do a transfer case drop on the 203 setup. Any info would be greatly appriecated. -Max
Sorry it took so long to get to you on this. It should work fine on your 76, the kit is pretty much complete in every way. I dont see a problem with doing the Tcase drop. The kit was a donation and you would probably have to get with Sam or mrpeal for the part number , because when I got it , it was with no numbers on the box. Front driveshaft might be the only issue you would have. I was given one from a freinds that was for an 8" lift and I had to shorten it. Rear shaft was ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts