Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if it would be possible for me to just use my 4 inch drop pitman arm for a 6 inch lift??? or if i would have to get a new one??? also would it be possible just to have my stock driveshafts lenghtened or would i have to go with new ones with cv's???

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I am wondering the same thing about the pitman arm. I think you can have your stock drive shafts lengthened, but you may not have to

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone know if a 4 inch drop pitman arm is enough for a 6 inch lift???

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm going off the cuff here. You can lift your suspension 4" and not use a pitman are, you just end up with a turned out steering wheel. So if you went with a 6" lift I would assume you only add 2" of "lift" to your steering so it should work. I have a 4" pitman with a 5" lift and I don't have any problems.

G

·
you can use the 4in drop pitman arm, i have a 7 in lift on my ram and i used the same pitman arm my 5 in lift came with. it wont make that big of a difference. although over time your tie rod end will wear out faster.as far as your drive shafts you just need to take a measurement from yoke to yoke, front and rear and take your shafts into a reputable driveshaft shop near you, they will just retube them, it wouldnt hurt to throw new u joints on them at the same time

call around for prices, the best price i could find was 200 for the rear with new ujoints and ballance, and 75 for the front with new ujoints, ballance, and c/v joint modification................good luck.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts