Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy on another board offer me some front 6" front springs and wanted your opinions. (I hope I can score these springs) I want to do the shackle flip to lift the rear so would a 2-3" block be fine to achieve 6" in the rear or Flip and add a leaf lift springs? Thanks {noclue} This will be for my 79 or my 74. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dethcharger said:
both ways would work
I figured but some guys dont like blocks. How big is a stock block? I guess I can measure mine {think}But the shackle flip is 4" lift forsure? Thanks

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I used factory hangers and did a shackle flip plus a 2" add a leaf for the front springs placed in my rear spring pack on my w-350. I got 5"  ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Shackle flip, stock rear block, and add a leaf will put you level or slightly rear low with 6" front springs.  That what I have and it looks and works good.  Turn you rear axle pinion angle up and go to a rear CV driveshaft while you are making the change.  You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BIGTRUCKNUT said:
Shackle flip, stock rear block, and add a leaf will put you level or slightly rear low with 6" front springs. That what I have and it looks and works good. Turn you rear axle pinion angle up and go to a rear CV driveshaft while you are making the change. You won't regret it.
Sorry but what exactly is a cv driveshaft? And how or where do I get one?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
A CV driveshaft simply means Constant Velocity. It will have 2 universal joints on each end. This prevents binding of the shaft while it turns, something that happens when you add more angle to the driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like the rear part of the front shaft? Whats needed to accomplish this? I want to build it so it doesnt fail the first time out on 37 and look like a dummy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had my built by High Angle Drivelines but there are more low buck methods using a stock front CV DS and having it modified by your local DS shop. I upgrade the u-joints to 1-ton gear when I bought the custom DS.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats involved in doing this for the rear? Does the t case need modified where the u joint bolts?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
KThaxton said:
Only on one end.....not both. ;)
Ahhh, I was thinking waaay trick dual CV's. Now why would I have that on my mind? {think}

84/2wdRc said:
Whats involved in doing this for the rear? Does the t case need modified where the u joint bolts?
Check with a local Driveshaft shop or a machine shop that makes driveshafts. They can build one to fit what you have. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.