Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has some really cool 18 inch aftermarket wheels and tires...(yea no pic...shit) but they are from a superduty...and she only has 4 of them...I know right?...AND..the adapters are a hundred bucks a pop..(but they are quite cool.. I would tell they old lady..and buy her a gun) so is what I am thinking heresy or are any of yall running something such as this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
I wouldn't bother with it.  Spacers and adaptors can be safe if made correctly and maintained, but ones changing one 8 lug pattern to another tend to be pretty thick and for the money, I'd just find another set of rims.  Especially considering the horrible looking excuses for rims people buy today for modern trucks, they just don't look right on an old truck, in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed as to the look...I was kinda helping out a friend whos husband has died..the tires are fairly aggressive figured they would make nice shoes for the beater RC with the springs and 44s from the 79....It is 8 miles to town..would likely be about the longest trip they would make....I do understand..it is not something one should ride up and down the highway....my old lady favors the theme from Sanford and Son when referring to my..."collecting"...lol

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I got 8x6.5" to 8x170mm ebay adapters a while back for some 37" tires on 20" wheels I have (long story). They are 1.5" thick and were $80USD/pair. Have yet to use them because my truck isn't tall enough (yet).

OTOH, the 8x6.5" spacers (2") I also got from ebay at the same time (same price) have had a good workout with heavy loads and towing using 3rdgen wheels.

That's my first-hand experience. YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.