Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the superlift 5 inch lift on without problems with the drive angles or shaft lengths?

I'm interested in this kit, but it doesn't come with a transfercase drop or anything

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Shouldn't need a transfer case drop. I think that it comes with a spacer for the front driveshaft but you might have to shim the rear axle. Man you sure are indecisive!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dodge 85 RC said:
Shouldn't need a transfer case drop. I think that it comes with a spacer for the front driveshaft but you might have to shim the rear axle. Man you sure are indecisive!
I know man! lol

Anyway my plan is to have 5-6 inches of lift and to run Dunlop Mud rover 35x12.50x15 . I have been looking at their specs on sites and found out their actual diameter is only 34 inches. I would do only a 4 inch suspension but i want to make totally sure I have plenty of room.

Last night I made my mind up to go with 33's and use a 4 inch kit until i found out the Mud rovers we're really only 34's, and the 33's we're really only 32's

The thing I don't like with the 5-6 inch kits is they don't come with shocks or any method of steering correction so I would have to buy all that seperate. I wish there was a 5 or 6 inch kit that did it all :p

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You should be able to buy a 6 inch skyjacker kit that comes with everything if I"m not mistaken. I think that you'd be just as well off going with a 4 inch kit and just putting on a 3 inch body lift. Then you'll have plenty of room for the 35's and will have saved money compared to a 6 inch kit because you don't need to buy new brake lines, no new driveshafts.Just about all the kits for 4 inch are pretty complete - steering which isn't a big deal to find on your own. Neither are shocks really. I bought my shocks from JCW for $30 a piece, they're hecklethorn shocks.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what man, i think I'll do that. Even if i have to buy the borgeson shaft it will help because my steering is so shitty.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay basically my dad made my mind up...i'm going with the 4 inch rough country system and 35" mud rovers which are really only 34" tall. If i need to I will body lift and inch or 2

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Ram1985Custom said:
Okay basically my dad made my mind up...i'm going with the 4 inch rough country system and 35" mud rovers which are really only 34" tall. If i need to I will body lift and inch or 2
Its about time somebody made it up for you! ;D lol I was starting to wonder if you ever were...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm glad i finally decided...

Once my motor is done being rebuild (monday) I'll finally be able to order it! How long does rockymountains shipping usually take?

·
Registered
725 Posts
yeah about those tires, i just bought some of those Mud Rovers...and why is it that they say 35 inches...but they are more around 34 inches ...does this apply to all tires?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i beleive tires have a nominal size which is atcual regardless of the side wall size

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Don't worry about the actual tire size. They are rarely what the sidewalls say they are.

Ed

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know you made your mind up already but i see you were really looking for a 6" lift... well go to jackit.com and they sale a system with everything you need from the brakelines to steering correction, so you wont have to buy anything seperate...

G

·
Don't forget steering dampers. Rough Country makes a nice dual opposed kit. I've had mine in service for three years now- no problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is what happened with a Superlift 5'' and 33x14x15 Boggers!!!

This is what I got for a steering correction

1 - 16 of 16 Posts