Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
the wire is getting power? Where? On the bulb socket? If the bulb is good and the socket gets power then sounds like an interesting problem...are the contacts any good?

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
the housing and socket on mine are melted together, mabey your's got hot and out of whack so the bulb isn't making good contact in the socket.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Light_fighter_25 said:
Chump said:
Sounds like you have no ground or the switch is bad on the front axle/transfer case.
Thanks I think that might be the problem!!!!!!!!!!
what year is your truck? mine had that problem until I fixed an overextended vacuum line goin into the front diff

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm having this problem now....I'm not sure where to look as far as the sensor goes......I have an 86 RC. I was working until I took apart the dash......I put it all back together and everything works fine but this. I tried new bulbs, but its not getting power at all.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
well..... i had this same problem with my 77 PW.... found out the ground wire for the switch had been DISCONNECTED!. dont know why or how but it was. reconnected it up on the firewall at the VR mounting bolt and no more problem..... yall think thats a good place for it????

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have had sockets that would not make proper contact w/ the bulb contacts. (not having looked at the make-up of mine yet) if the bulb has the wire contacts try bending the wire contacts outward a bit and refit the bulb...

·
Registered
99 Posts
My 84 will light up to UNLOCK HUBS when I cranck it up, but when I lock it in 4, it doesn't light up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
mine does not light up, but I have no indication that it is engaging at all. 93 4 on the fly type so no locking hubs here...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.