Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wed. morning, while driving at about 60-70 mph, my "4x4 Engaged" Light started flashing (and even stayed on for about 5 seconds).
It went out when I slowed down below 50 mph or so.

It has done this a couple of times since. But not EVERY time I drive that fast. "I can't figure it out!"

Also, the light doesn't come on when I put the t-case in 4wd (high or low). First, I thought that the vaccum pressure wasn't high enough. But I'm pretty sure that it is engaging. I can tell a difference in pulling, steering, and I can hear the t-case roar.

Gonzo

·
Registered
30,125 Posts
it mite be yer TC switch leaking vacumm at hi speeds and pulling it into 4x4 / just check the switch on the front CAD and wireing

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the the same problem. The light will only go on when it feels like it. But I know that it is in 4 wheel drive. If you find out what you did to fix your please let me know for at least then I know where to start looking to fix it. thanks

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The switch for the light is mounted on the CAD and it is activated by the moving of the CAD. I would check the electrical conections there. I would almost bet thast you have some currosion in the conectors there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have not really had to mess to much with my RC but where would I start looking for the connection on the CAD and where would I find the CAD?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lower left front axle, you will see the motor and the switch connected to it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
If you look at the front axle on the long side, there will be the CAD, and the connections are right there to, I know that doesn't help much, but the only vehicle I have with a CAD is a '95 Wrangler so I don't know how close it is to yours so I don't want to be specific and be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts