Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading somewhere about someone putting a 4x4 kit into their edelbrock carb to help them out when off road. They said that it worked great. Now for my question. I've looked all over, and can't seem to find any information about a 4x4 carb kit, for edelbrock or holley. Does anyone know of this kit, and do both manufacturers have one? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Bob

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a Holley kit though? If not, what essentially does the kit do for your carb? Could it be duplicated or fabricated for a holley is there isn't a kit?

Bob

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I'm not very knowledgable in this area, so I'm gonna have to look like and idiot and ask. Will that part mentioned work with a chrysler small block 6-pack setup? I'd rather look like an idiot and learn something than do something stupid and prove my stupidity.

Bob

P.S. I couldn't find much on the holley website, maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
probably not. If they are holley carbs, they might work, but you'd have top call holley on that.

Why do you want a 6 pack on a truck ?? If you think flooding and stalling is bad, a 6 pack will give you 3 tiems as much of it.

I mean it's cool and all, but not very functional for most offroading.

the spring loaded needle and seat is called off raod, but it only helps for minor bouncing...it will not help for rock crawling and the like. Trust me, I've got it one mine, and it didn't help at all.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheRamChargerMan said:
probably not. If they are holley carbs, they might work, but you'd have top call holley on that.

Why do you want a 6 pack on a truck ?? If you think flooding and stalling is bad, a 6 pack will give you 3 tiems as much of it.

I mean it's cool and all, but not very functional for most offroading.

the spring loaded needle and seat is called off raod, but it only helps for minor bouncing...it will not help for rock crawling and the like. Trust me, I've got it one mine, and it didn't help at all.
Thanks for the info about the parts, I'll have to give Holley a call and see what they say.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.