Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Goldie lifted and have been looking for the best way to do the steering. option 1 Dropped pitmen arm/ how much drop 2-3 inch? option 2 dropped drag link? finally opion 3 3" block on steering knuckle.
Which do you thinks better? stronger?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'd definately go w/the dropped pitman arm over the steering block. Not sure about the dropped drag link, just sounds like quite a bit more stress for it? Just thinking out loud, I dunno........

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much drop on the pitmen arm? found one at a local 4x4 shop with 2" and summits checking on skyjackers 3" and dropshipping because they don't have any in stock.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I'de do a 4 inch dropped pitman arm. That way you can always reuse it later on if you wanna do crossover steering.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Yea go with the pitman arm. You want to avoid messing with the steering arm because its a bitch to get it off. I wish that I would have went and gotten a pitman arm instead of a raised steering arm just because I could have been done with it in an hour vs. the 7-8 it took me to get the steering arm off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.